Birds Sea Eagles v Wedgies

Slug

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Name
Greg Close
Lucky to catch an interaction between 3 White-bellied Sea Eagles and 2 Wedge-tailed Eagles on Saturday. The Wedgies got too close to the WBSE nest. Difficult to get all 5 birds in the one frame so I've blended 5 into one to illustrate.

Composite 2r.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 600.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 400

I confess my ignorance of many Australian bird species - I had to look up whether the white bellied sea eagle was another name for an Osprey (it isn’t!).

Beautiful shots. Surprised to see the wedge tails looking significantly smaller, but maybe they were further away? Or younger?

I confess my ignorance of many Australian bird species - I had to look up whether the white bellied sea eagle was another name for an Osprey (it isn’t!).

Beautiful shots. Surprised to see the wedge tails looking significantly smaller, but maybe they were further away? Or younger?
Thanks for the comment. The Wedgies of course are not significantly smaller it just appears that way in how I've arranged the individuals in the composite. I attempted to show a bit of depth in the image. The birds were all a similar size and this pic is a single frame of the two species together.
Two birds copy.jpg
  • ILCE-1
  • FE 200-600mm F5.6-6.3 G OSS
  • 273.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/2000 sec
  • ISO 200

Both raptors that I like and got shots of but never thought to do this, but will admit to not having an adult Sea Eagle as yet.

Back