Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Can anyone advise whether or not a file size limit applies to images being uploaded? I've uploaded and got a server error please try again later message.

Thanks

These appeared to have uploaded when I returned to try again, I tried to re-create the problem and the same happend. Here's the journey that seems to create the issue

Enter forum category and create a new thread
upload images
"server error occurred, please try again" displays when images have uploaded
Navigate away from the page and return by creating a new thread in the same category and the images appear

That’s strange. I’m out right now but will take a look at this when I get back home. There is a file size limit of 65mb. What size and type of image were you trying to upload?

Thanks for the reply Tim, seems strange that when initially uploaded it displays an error but then proceeds to work when re-visiting the page. The file is JPEG at a size of around 5mb

I think it’s related to an additional feature I have that displays the exif details below the image. I’ve temporarily disabled it for now until my developer can take a look. Can you try uploading something again and see if you get the same error? Thanks!

Should be fixed now but let me know if you still have problems. Thanks!

I was having the same issues Tim getting an identical error message. I tried uploading the same image a few times and then when I revisited the page I had 4 copies of the same image showing but was able to delete the additional images. Incidentally I couldn't get the EXIF info to show?

I found that if I refreshed the page after uploading the images would then show on the screen and give you the option to display either the Thumbnail or the full sized image.

I'll let you know if I have any further problems.

Thanks Mike. I think the upload error should be fixed although now there's another issue with the EXIF not displaying correctly, will hopefully get that sorted out tomorrow. When it's working correctly it will only show the exif if it's available in the image file. I'm sure this won't be the only bug rearing it's head! :)

Back