Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Mike
City/State
Illinois
This is a duplicate post to notify more Alpha owners in another genre.
I ran across these black stretchy silicone bands at Amazon that fit the E-mount lens perfectly. I use them to seal the flange where lens attaches to cam body. They can be easily rolled on and off the neck of lens to fit in the small recess groove next to the orange ring at the body mount (face of cam).

They are relatively cheap IMO, and function to help seal the flange where lens attaches to camera. They come in a 3-pack each having 16 bands. Multi-colored bands are also available. When changing lenses, simply roll the round band back against lens shoulder. Each lens should have one remaining on the lens when not in use. I've used them and they work great. Also can be used to bundle or tie wires, cords, cables, etc.

Amazon silicone bands for lens

Attachments

• Ring-1.jpg
    Ring-1.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 29
  • Ring-2.jpg
    Ring-2.jpg
    540.5 KB · Views: 28
  • Sony Rubber Seal-1.jpg
    Sony Rubber Seal-1.jpg
    369 KB · Views: 27
  • Sony Rubber Seal-2.jpg
    Sony Rubber Seal-2.jpg
    429.1 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
Killer! I just ordered mine. Thanks.

The order is for three packs of sixteen. Forty-eight is more than I need. I anyone wants a couple send me a SASE and I will send them a couple. I cannot guarantee I will have your colo(u)r but will do my best if it is important to you.

Great idea! Simple, effective. If I wasn't a moving target exploring the US in our RV, I'd send a SAS envelope. I have another camera who's zoom was notorious for lens creep when shooting at steep angles. Owners talked about using a thick rubber band. A couple years back my wife bought a couple of those silicone football team fan bracelets. Mine ended up as a camera accessory. Silicone doesn't dry out and get crispy like a regular rubber band does.

It sits on the zoom ring and if I need to shoot at a steep angle, I push one side forward to rest on the extended zoom while the other half stays on the zoom ring. Simple, effective.

Thanks for sharing your idea.

IMG_20210818_181430649.jpg

Back