Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
City/State
SE Michigan
Dad passed seven years ago at the age of 98. He loved Barbeque, and especially favored ribs. Rather than visit him on Father's Day, for about the last 20 years of his life I had him over for ribs. It started with grilling, but I eventually learned to smoke. I still cook on Father's Day, partly in his remembrance and partly because I enjoy it. And while we eat plenty of ribs, this year I decided to do a Full Packer Brisket. Cellphone shots

13lb., trimmed and dry brined Friday evening. Back in the fridge
IMG_1888.jpg

Homemade rub, ready for the smoker
IMG_1891.jpg

The smoker prepared. In this case, the smoker is a Weber Premier Kettle Grill. I have several methods to cook, including a huge smoker, but I love my kettles.

IMG_1889.jpg

Bark formed, hit the stall, time to wrap.

IMG_1892.jpg

Wrapped in foil, then towels and a cooler to act as a faux cambro. The brisket can rest and will remain hot until dinner.

IMG_1893.jpg

Looks very tasty Tim. Great way to remember your old man. We love our Weber Kettle BBQ too. Never cooked anything that big on it though!

And the end result!

IMG_1895.jpg

Nice smoke ring, plenty juicy and tender. Cutting the Flat. The Point is setting behind on the other tray.
IMG_1898.jpg

A classic dinner. Texas smoked brisket, southern style salt pork green beans, mashed potato salad, and baked beans.
No Nouvelle Cuisine here, just good eats!
IMG_1899.jpg

Temperature probed like a pro!

Great way to remember your pops, and delicious food to share with the fam. Cheers Tim.

Back