So it begins.

mark.s

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Mark Sturman
The man in the drab brown uniform knocked on the door and then handed me two parcels.
My new beginning has begun.
The A1, the 100-400 and a 1.4 teleconverter have arrived.
The 600 f4 is waiting for people to sort for me.
Other additions are awaiting me to order, as I didn't want to jump the gun too much before the first part of the transformation from Nikon had arrived.
A couple of sets of Lens coats have been ordered though.
I'm sure there'll be stumbling blocks and frustrations as I get used to an entirely new set-up but I look forward to learning from your collective experiences so far and hopefully being able to add my own in the near future.
Have fun out there and maybe I'll bump into some of you around the country.

Attachments

• 20211008_111535.jpg
    20211008_111535.jpg
    920.5 KB · Views: 16
Welcome Mark and thanks for joining up here! Congratulations on the delivery too! Sounds like an early Christmas in your house! :) I'd love an A1 myself, but currently in the process of buying a new house so no new toys unfortunately until that's all done and dusted.

From my personal experience you will be happy with your gear and happy being here. Welcome.

A9! Damn!

Welcome and hope you enjoy the switch, my gear arrived yesterday and taking it out tomorrow but can already see the benefits of lighter body and smaller compared to my Canon…

Still debating if to sell my old body and lens or just keep… if I sell I could get a telezoom 70 or 100+
sorry rant over… welcome 😎

Welcome Mark and thanks for joining up here! Congratulations on the delivery too! Sounds like an early Christmas in your house! :) I'd love an A1 myself, but currently in the process of buying a new house so no new toys unfortunately until that's all done and dusted.
Thank you.

And welcome from me too Mark, another recent newbie here.

It seems you are not a novice photographer, but new to Sony alpha cameras? If so may I point you in the direction of a mate of mine, Gary Friedman, who writes some of the best guides to Sony cameras that have been indispensable in my quest through the Sony years. I have no commercial link to him although we have known each other for several years and often exchange emails on our favourite topic.

His website for books is https://www.friedmanarchives.com/sony-books/

Very envious of your new toys and looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labours here in due course ☺️

You will LOVE the combo of the A1 and the 100-400!!! I bought the A7R IV back in late 2019 and in the spring of 2020 bought the 100-400mm lens and it rapidly became a favorite and one which spends a lot of time on my cameras. This August I bought the A1 and it and the 100-400mm love each other and are just terrific together, either with or without the 1.4x TC.

Enjoy your new gear and you'll be loving all of it as you gradually accumulate more lenses!

Back