View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Myrimma

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Michaël Gellenoncourt
I everyone,
I'm reaching to you because I don't really know what to do ... I recently bought a used sony 200-600 lens, that seems in a very good state. Lenses are perfect exterior shows minor sings of usage etc...

I've been watching a lot of videos and threads abou this lens and its incredible sharpness. Eager to try it for myself, as soon as it arrived, i mounted it on my sony A7III bought new and starting testing it with my bird photography settings.
BUT its not sharp AT ALL at 600mm... I tried focusing on far objects, medium range ones and close ones. On medium and far objects its just no sharp ...
I took the same photo at 600mm and 200, and 200 croped in is sharper !
I'm getting nuts and extremely frustrated ...
I joined the files, raw + jpeg, if someone could help me, i'll be extremely grateful...

Attachments

• DSC00928.JPG
    DSC00928.JPG
    849.9 KB · Views: 67
  • DSC00929.JPG
    DSC00929.JPG
    594.3 KB · Views: 65
Hello everyone,
I quick and extremely sad update ...
I got scammed. The internal barrel of the lens is extremely damaged apparently... I send the lens to Sony for repairs, they said it's 1500€ to repair it ... So pretty much as expensive as a new one...
Unfortunatly I don't have the money to buy anything now... I spent all my photo savings to buy that lens ...

I really don't know what to do... I'm waiting for the lens to come back (unrepaired since it's not worth it) ....
If one of you has any idea of what I can do to let me know please....

That's it end of the story ^^
Thanks to everyone who help and gave me answers ! If only everyone was as kind it would be a better world ^^

Well that's awful. There's no chance you can file a claim with anyone? Did you buy it from an individual or through a site like eBay? It's unfortunate so much time has passed, I wish you well.

Well while asking questions I tried reaching out to the person who sold it to me, using Leboncoin (similar to ebay but in France), and at first he seemed cooperative, then when I gave him the first expert review early january he blocked me and I can't contact him anymore. I tried joining the staff of leboncoin, but they said they cannot do anything, and a friend of mine who is judge said it's pointless to try to report him to the police for such a low amount of money.

Well while asking questions I tried reaching out to the person who sold it to me, using Leboncoin (similar to ebay but in France), and at first he seemed cooperative, then when I gave him the first expert review early january he blocked me and I can't contact him anymore. I tried joining the staff of leboncoin, but they said they cannot do anything, and a friend of mine who is judge said it's pointless to try to report him to the police for such a low amount of money.
That's a bunch of crap. I'm sorry for you. Here in the US we have small claims court, maybe if you have something like that?

That's a bunch of crap. I'm sorry for you. Here in the US we have small claims court, maybe if you have something like that?
I'll try to get some more informations about suing someone ... I'm not the most aware of persons regarding that king of things

Hello everyone,
I quick and extremely sad update ...
I got scammed. The internal barrel of the lens is extremely damaged apparently... I send the lens to Sony for repairs, they said it's 1500€ to repair it ... So pretty much as expensive as a new one...
Unfortunatly I don't have the money to buy anything now... I spent all my photo savings to buy that lens ...

I really don't know what to do... I'm waiting for the lens to come back (unrepaired since it's not worth it) ....
If one of you has any idea of what I can do to let me know please....

That's it end of the story ^^
Thanks to everyone who help and gave me answers ! If only everyone was as kind it would be a better world ^^
So sorry to hear this, not nice being scammed on any item let alone one so expensive :(

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back