Sony 90mm f2.8 Vs Laowa 65mm

toneykjoy2014

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Hi to all.. i currently do macro with extension tubes coupled on 18-135mm. However planning to get a dedicated macro lens and but confused between Sony 90mm and Laowa 65mm for APSC. I am familiar with the pros and cons and the limitations with each. Looking forward for user experience on the same. Lack of OSS is it that big deal on Laowa? Price point of view it is even less than half the price if Sony. Thanks in advance

I have the Laowa 100mm macro (it's full frame big bro) and i'm very happy with it. OSS can help. IBIS is pointless with macro with a manual lens because the camera doesn't know the focusing distance and only does 3 axis stab (angular only, which is best for infinite distant subjects). With macro, you have much more translation blur issues.
You choice is OSS and AF vs 2:1 macro and cheaper lens ...
I bought the Laowa before the Sony was announced so there was less options at the time ...

Voigtlander 110 APO macro is another manual option that also happens to be one of the sharpest lenses made for E mount. It does relay focusing distance and thus supports full 5 axis IBIS

Back