Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Peter
City/State
Bournmeouth
Hi all, just been lucky enough to buy another A1 after selling my mint A9ii. Anyway a question for you guys.

I have always kept a backup of my A1 on a separate SD card, I was thinking/hoping that you could put SD card into any A1 and magically set it up but it appears that the settings would only reload to camera they were taken from ! I find this strange as I would think a pro which may have a loaner off Sony whilst there’s was in for repair/service would want to copy setting over ! Not a massive problem at my level but very surprised OR am I wrong ? Is there a work around ?

Hi all, just been lucky enough to buy another A1 after selling my mint A9ii. Anyway a question for you guys.

I have always kept a backup of my A1 on a separate SD card, I was thinking/hoping that you could put SD card into any A1 and magically set it up but it appears that the settings would only reload to camera they were taken from ! I find this strange as I would think a pro which may have a loaner off Sony whilst there’s was in for repair/service would want to copy setting over ! Not a massive problem at my level but very surprised OR am I wrong ? Is there a work around ?
I personally have recorded and loaded settings on and to my A1 to set up the memory modes1,2 and 3.

As a point of good file management in saving your own personal settings to a SD card or express A card you should transfer the files to a computer as in any formatting of your card you will lose the settings file.

Also you should ensure the settings file is transferred in to your A! a private folder for your camera to pick up the settings file.

Mark Galer's you tube video on save load camset settings is a good source of info for understanding this .

I have loaded my A7M4 completely with Mark Galer's CAMSET files, so I guess it's possible.

Thank you everyone who has replied, I was trying the obvious but have just worked out the new camera is running version 1.10 and my original is running 1.20. It will not transfer settings if not running same firmware !! Hopefully this may help someone out there !!!

Back