Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I'm having trouble updating my firmware on the a6600. I followed all the directions but I keep getting the message that the computer can't find the camera. I'm using the USB/USB-c cord that came with the camera. I downloaded from the link Tim posted. Attached are two photos of the back of my camera. The directions said to be sure the phone was in Mass Storage mode in USB and as you see, it is. Please advise. It's very frustrating. IMG_6581 (1).jpg IMG_6582.jpg

• Admin
I guess you need to disable the CTRL with Smartphone option in the camera menu. This isn’t needed for installing the firmware and it looks to be preventing the camera entering mass storage mode.

I guess you need to disable the CTRL with Smartphone option in the camera menu. This isn’t needed for installing the firmware and it looks to be preventing the camera entering mass storage mode.
I have tried to disable the link to the smartphone. I tried updating the ImagingEdge software thinking that might be the glitch. Still I can't remove the link. I tried clicking on the name in the camera menu, it does nothing. I tried the error message but can't move it off of the highlighted piece. I'm at a loss at this point. Any tips are welcomed.

• Admin
I have tried to disable the link to the smartphone. I tried updating the ImagingEdge software thinking that might be the glitch. Still I can't remove the link. I tried clicking on the name in the camera menu, it does nothing. I tried the error message but can't move it off of the highlighted piece. I'm at a loss at this point. Any tips are welcomed.

You can turn off the ctrl with smartphone here: MENU → (Network) → [Ctrl w/ Smartphone] → desired setting (off).

Hope that works! :)

You can turn off the ctrl with smartphone here: MENU → (Network) → [Ctrl w/ Smartphone] → desired setting (off).

Hope that works! :)
THREE hours later, my camera is updated! It was amazingly frustrating trying to get this to work and even Sony support was having trouble! In the end, my camera is set and I'm ready to go. Thanks for the help on this journey to update.

Back