Sony has released firmware update version 1.10 for the Sony a6600.
The update basically just adds support for the new Sony LA-EA5A adapter along with Sony’s normal statement: “Improves the overall stability of the camera”.
v.1.10 Benefits & Improvements
Adds support for the LA-EA5A-Mount Adapter (sold separately)
- LA-EA5A-Mount Adapter supports all A-mount lenses
- Full support is provided for focal plane phase-detection AF, and the AF and high-speed continuous shooting features
- Wide-area focal plane phase-detection AF coverage
- AF features based on subject recognition, including Real-time Eye AF(human, animal) and Real-time Tracking
- AF/AE tracking during continuous shooting at up to 11fps
- STF lenses are manual focus only
- Teleconverters are not supported for use with any A-Mount Adapters
- Autofocus is not available during movie recording when using the LA-EA5 A-Mount Adapter
- For AE tracking, the aperture is fixed for the first frame while shutter speed and ISO are used for exposure adjustment
Improves the overall stability of the camera
Firmware v1.10 Download Links
You can download the v1.10 firmware from Sony’s support sites:
My Sony a6600 Resources
- Sony a6600 Accessories Guide
- Sony a6600 Shooters Facebook Group
- Sony APS-C Lens Guide
- Sony Full-Frame Lens Guide
Sony a6600 Price & Deals Check (#afflinks)
* Affiliate Links
Within this article there are affiliate links (denoted with #afflinks). If you decide to buy something after clicking a link I may receive a small commission at no extra cost to you. For more information on affiliate links click here. Thank you.