Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Gary
Country
United Kingdom
so I am new to the mk1 a9 and compared to my sony a7iii and a99 mk2 the iso noise seems to be worse at the same iso settings ,I keep iso as low as possible and dont normally go above 4000, I shoot wildlife in daylight in manual mostly and obviously the a9 mk1 has the auto iso in manual setting which I find annoying as I came back to photography from a film back ground. so to get to the point what do other a9 users think about noise and iso useable range, thanks guys

so I am new to the mk1 a9 and compared to my sony a7iii and a99 mk2 the iso noise seems to be worse at the same iso settings ,I keep iso as low as possible and dont normally go above 4000, I shoot wildlife in daylight in manual mostly and obviously the a9 mk1 has the auto iso in manual setting which I find annoying as I came back to photography from a film back ground. so to get to the point what do other a9 users think about noise and iso useable range, thanks guys
Hi Gary can't say I have had that problem like yourself I shoot a lot of wildlife I have always shot in aperture priority and auto iso check out a couple of my photos on here and you will see the settings and the iso that I am using put some up of a heron I took at the weekend. High iso causes noise not for me to say but have a look

Back