Followers
Following
Name
Sandy
Country
United States
City/State
Astoria, Oregon
Interesting article. I was an early adopter of micro 4/3 back when everyone thought you were nuts to use a mirrorless camera. I hung on for a long time hoping they'd deal with issues like viewfinder blackout. I just recently gave up and my Olympus gear is for sale and I am supposed to be picking up an A1 and some Sony lenses tomorrow (W00T!).

I think being the first one into a market can be risky. If I compare cameras to electric cars I think Tesla is Olympus. It remains to be seen who's going to be Sony.

Interesting article. I was an early adopter of micro 4/3 back when everyone thought you were nuts to use a mirrorless camera. I hung on for a long time hoping they'd deal with issues like viewfinder blackout. I just recently gave up and my Olympus gear is for sale and I am supposed to be picking up an A1 and some Sony lenses tomorrow (W00T!).

I think being the first one into a market can be risky. If I compare cameras to electric cars I think Tesla is Olympus. It remains to be seen who's going to be Sony.
This is just what i have done ,olympus when released was meant to be the best thing since sliced bread in many ways it was but once sony made their range of cameras just as compact as m43 but a larger sensor with close to same pixel pitch ,it marked a end ,olympus stuff is very well engineered and a few features that none have ie pro capture up to 18 fps before shutter pressed ,focus stacking compiled in camera ,pixel shift hi res compiled in camera ,in built filters up to 5 stops ,best stabilization ,live composite ,really had they made a 35mm version they would have had a larger following .

First was filmless, then mirrorless, then will be shutterless, then lensless, then camera less (neuralink).

Last edited:
It didn't really say much. I'd have expected to see some more discussion of the headline, but there was almost nothing.

First was filmless, then mirrorless, then will be shutterless, then lensless, then camera less (neuralink).
I think Elon is looking for you!

Back