Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Following on from his 24mm and 40mm reviews, Bernard Déry (@bdery) takes an in-depth look at the Sony FE 50mm F2.8 G lens over on the blog:

Has anyone here already picked up this lens?

This looks to be a nice, compact lens. When I bought my A7 III, besides a kit lens, I ordered a Sony/Zeiss FE 55mm f/1.8 lens. This lens is pricey but I was amazed at the very positive reviews that I found for it, which always seemed to point out how "Pin sharp" this lens is, so my "Nifty 50" is a 55. I wonder how these two lenses would stack up to each other??

This looks to be a nice, compact lens. When I bought my A7 III, besides a kit lens, I ordered a Sony/Zeiss FE 55mm f/1.8 lens. This lens is pricey but I was amazed at the very positive reviews that I found for it, which always seemed to point out how "Pin sharp" this lens is, so my "Nifty 50" is a 55. I wonder how these two lenses would stack up to each other??
Per the following web site the 55 is probably a little bit sharper.
Considering that the 40 G was in the same "rank" as the 55, I would not be surprised with some sample variation.

Note that the 55 is THE lens to get in the Sony line for infrared photography.

Per the following web site the 55 is probably a little bit sharper.
Considering that the 40 G was in the same "rank" as the 55, I would not be surprised with some sample variation.

Note that the 55 is THE lens to get in the Sony line for infrared photography.
Interesting list. Out of my 6 lenses I have 2 Outstanding, 3 Excellent and 1 Good, the last one being the Kit lens. Thanks.

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Back