Deals Sony USA lens rebates (Oct-Dec 2022)

MrFotoFool

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Name
Fred Hood
Country
United States
City/State
Arizona
If you buy two or more select Sony lenses between October 1 and December 31, 2022, you will get a mail-in rebate. (This is not an instant rebate, so you have to pay full price up front). The lenses do not have to be purchased together, they just have to be purchased from an authorized dealer within this three month window.

The thing I do not like (I had to do this once with a Canon rebate) is that you have to cut the UPC label out of the box and mail it in. I like to keep my boxes intact for potential resale and having a box with a hole in it is really annoying. I wish they could figure out another way to verify purchase.

Frustratingly they include version 1 of the 24-70 f2.8 but not version 2 (which is the one I would get).

I also wonder if there will be additional sales (instant rebates) before Christmas and if so, could they be combined with this rebate?

To answer my question from yesterday, today they announced instant rebates. I assume these can be combined with the mail-in rebate I originally posted. Unfortunately, two of the three lenses I am interested in do NOT have an instant rebate (24-70 f2.8 GMii and 70-200 f2.8 GMii).

$100 on a $2k lens? Shameful. It looks to me like the thrust of this rebate is to clear out some old R series cameras before the new RV.

Back