Followers
Following
Name
Chris
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
Looks like Sony has a new mic for the "content creators"...

Seems like a $250 price tag and maybe August/September launch. I wish my camera could use it, but the a6400 doesn't have that magical multi-interface hotshoe.

Looks like Sony has a new mic for the "content creators"...

Seems like a $250 price tag and maybe August/September launch. I wish my camera could use it, but the a6400 doesn't have that magical multi-interface hotshoe.
Are you sure? Never tried it... but looking at the pins on the mount, it seemed like it did have it. Can't test it out though, and a quick google search didn't throw any conclusive info either.

Are you sure? Never tried it... but looking at the pins on the mount, it seemed like it did have it. Can't test it out though, and a quick google search didn't throw any conclusive info either.
You might be right!
I don't see compatability listed on their website: https://electronics.sony.com/imaging/imaging-accessories/all-accessories/p/ecmb10
However,
I DO see compatible models for the bigger version of this mic which has been out for longer: https://electronics.sony.com/imaging/imaging-accessories/camcorder-accessories/p/ecmb1m

So perhaps I was wrong about the a6400 hot shoe?

So the a6400 has a Multi-Interface hot shoe, but only supports analog connections, not digital. This new mic will work with the older Sonys like the a6400 when it is switched to analog, and work with newer Sonys like the A7IV in either analog or digital mode.

I see! Nice to see it does work... but tbh, I always thought it was digital, so I'm a little bummed as well to learn it's not, at least on our cameras. I wonder if the A6600's shoe is digital... I don't see myself using A7 cameras anytime soon, partly because they're expensive and partly because they're too bulky to carry freely on some situations (except for the A7C maybe, but FF lenses are also kinda large).

(That wonderful piece of machinery commonly known as A7S3 though!!! 😭)

I thought this had a launch price of $148 usd but I’m seeing it listed around $300 usd did I miss something

try this I was so hoping it works with the A6600 digitaly but it would be analog only

i just checked this site and you can put different bodies with accessories my A1 compatible with digital but bummed my a6600 only analog

Back