Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Sony has today announced the very compact ECM-G1 Shotgun microphone targeted at Vloggers.

The new ECM-G1 will be available in September 2022 for an estimated retail price of $149.99 in the US, £145 in the UK and €170 in Europe.

You can find further details and early reviews in the blog post.

At first I questioned why, since they already have the ECM-B10, but I get it now: this is the simplified experience "for vloggers"
The ECM-B10 works in analog mode on a camera like my a6400, I wonder if this ECM-G1 will automatically do the same?
Sadly, using the hotshoe on any camera that doesn't have a fully articulated screen results in the mic blocking the flip up screen. Hurry up and announce a new A6600 successor Sony!

• Admin
As well as the multi interface shoe connection on cameras that support this, it also comes with a cable so that you can plug it into the a6400’s mic port. I’ve not seen a full compatibility list yet so can’t say if the a6400 is definitely supported, but I’d be surprised if it wasn’t.

I think the design strongly resembles Sennheiser's MKE 200, which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Back