Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I don't expect too many here will be excited by todays new camera announcement, but I could be wrong!

Sony has announced a new vlog camera the ZV-1F, a compact vlogging camera with a Type 1 (13.2×8.8mm) sensor and a fixed 20mm equivalent lens.

Specifically targeted towards vloggers the camera features a fully articulating screen and a three-capsule mic with wind screen.

The new ZV-1F will be available in October 2022 for an estimated retail price of $498.00 US, €650 EUROS or £549.00 in the UK.

Further details and early reviews can be found in the blog article:

You'd be right :D

I'd rather vlog with a GoPro.
Oh wait, that's why I have a GoPro Hero 10.
Swing and a MISS Sony!

One of the critical features of this camera: it does not support RAW! Choice is JPEG or video.

At least it's priced accordingly.

At least it's priced accordingly.
True. Its a children's toy and priced similarly to a gopro I guess.
EDIT: I guess its more of a beginners/entry-level camera, its just hard not to be snarky about it since any modern cellphone should out perform this new Sony camera.

Last edited:
Seems like a slap in the face to the creator community.
One reviewer made a snarky comment about RAW being omitted because they were making the camera "easy to use", but then noted that it included Slog2 for video, which is less easy to use than RAW :p

They're going after content creators (shudder) and influencers (shudder twice as hard) who are on a budget. There are many ILCs out there with similar 1" and larger sensors that could do a credible job for the same money and be more versatile in the long run, but by making it video centric and keeping the price low they'll sell like hotcakes. I guess they don't have much invested in the way of R&D, there's nothing new here at all, just a rehash.

One reviewer made a snarky comment about RAW being omitted because they were making the camera "easy to use", but then noted that it included Slog2 for video, which is less easy to use than RAW :p
I agree, this decision was a weird one. Was it CameraConspiracies who made that comment? That seems like him LOL.

Back