Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
I got asked to go on an outing about 4 weeks ago and I was looking forwards to it, as it was into Mallee Fowl area's (I have posted shots of them before).
Being asked by the head of the local photo group I know it was above board. I sent him a few messages about what time is it, where am I to go to meet the bus as it was a trip for only 12 people and how much was the cost. I sent messages for for the first few weeks and never a response.

I had the gut feeling that I was going to be replaced by someone they wanted there more than me.
A few days before it was to happen still nothing. and I now know that I would not get a message the next day with details.
So I knew I had been over looked.

Then I found out that the outing went on and I sent him a message asking about it. To be told we waited for you. But did they send a message that morning or ring to see where I was. No nothing. I told him how was I to know where to go when I had no idea of the time, place or cost. Plus I got told that he himself had only got the camera out once on that day.

I felt betrayed and I will now never believe one thing this person has got to say. And As for other outings I will use the standard reply.
I wasn't good enough for the last one what would make me okay for this one. I will not be left in the open like this again by people I thought had my back.
I have got my back and they have got me for information which will never come again.
It's sad for me but only trust one person in a group and that is yourself.

I'd be done with those people for good. Very unfair and underhanded.

That is just nasty… sorry you went through that..

I'd be done with those people for good. Very unfair and underhanded.
This same sort of thing happened to my son when playing basketball. He was lucky there was another coach there who knew what happened and took my son to play on a nearly all adult team. And did he get looked after. The other fella was never looked at or talked to by anyone who knew what had gone on.
And the underhanded part is what I just don't understand. but when there is another outing I might asked if I am really wanted there. And leave it just like that.
That is just nasty… sorry you went through that..
My part is I have been loyal to this particular fella and to be get treated like dirt is what I fully don't understand. But I will no longer be there for any sort of outing with his name to it.

Sorry to hear this Ralph, sounds like one photo group you are better off not being a part of.

Sorry to hear this Ralph, sounds like one photo group you are better off not being a part of.
I will not sit here and say it has not left a sour taste in my mouth cause it has. But I have got a internal fight with loyalty.
I have been with them all this time and this stupid loyalty keeps hitting me.
Knowing what you and others have said is totally right I keep fighting the loyalty thing even though they have shown me none.
Maybe I am like the old loyal dog who gets hit by the owner but still think there is love there.

I will be walking away but not completely as I will use the page to find where some birds in the area are.
But some are now only giving out info to the actual main person who runs the page and the one who decided I wasn't the right one to be on the last outing. So it could even mean that the page will also go.

No longer will I be treated as I was this time with no respect. And yep I am closing shop to 3 quarters of it.
And will not be going on any outing from now on.

Back