Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Tamron 28-75mm f2.8

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Nigel

Newcomer
Followers
Following
I'm looking at buying a 24-70mm but the Tamron 28-75mm has really grabbed my attention. Does anyone have any actual experience with this lens and is the 4 mm sacrifice at the lower end a deal breaker.

Hello - I have the Tamron 28-75mm and I really love it. Honestly if given the choice I would have preferred a little wider (24mm) and sacrificed at the long end, but it wasn't a deal breaker. I primarily shoot birds with my 200-600mm on my A9 and I wanted a general lens for my A7R4. I might have gotten the 24-105mm but I really preferred the f/2.8 of this lens. The lens is VERY sharp. Of course you have to consider your primary shooting and how much you'll be using this. The cost of the Tamron was also very attractive for me too. Good luck!
~Kevin

Hello - I have the Tamron 28-75mm and I really love it. Honestly if given the choice I would have preferred a little wider (24mm) and sacrificed at the long end, but it wasn't a deal breaker. I primarily shoot birds with my 200-600mm on my A9 and I wanted a general lens for my A7R4. I might have gotten the 24-105mm but I really preferred the f/2.8 of this lens. The lens is VERY sharp. Of course you have to consider your primary shooting and how much you'll be using this. The cost of the Tamron was also very attractive for me too. Good luck!
~Kevin
Thank you for taking the time to respond and for sharing your thoughts about this lens. I think I'm going to go for it, from your review and others videos and comments I have seen I think it should l work well with my a7iii. I will be using it for a variety of things, portrait, weddings, pets etc so should hopefully prove to be a good all round lens.

Have borrowed it for a little photo and video work on my A7rii, and A9, and on an A7ri4... Previously, I had been using my old adapted A-Mount 24-70mm G for this range. At first I did notice the missing 4mm on the wide end, but got used to it quickly. This lens was sharp, and I didn't notice any issues with AF tracking or accuracy. All in a MUCH lighter package. I have the old Sony 16-35mm F4, and newer Sony 20mm f1.8 G, so if really needed, I have that extra 4mm covered.

As for ultimate resolution/sharpness, maybe the Sony GM has it beat, but not sure you will notice that without the resolution of an A7rIV and some serious pixel peeping. I didn't notice anything missing on the A7rII or A9...

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

New in Marketplace

Back