Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Malvern
Tamron has just officially announced their newest 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3 Di III RXD lens and it costs half the price of the Sony FE 70-300 F4.5-5.6 G OSS lens!

Reactions: Alfonso

Drewid

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Sep 17, 2020
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Lincolnshire
There's market for it at that price. I doubt we will see it any time soon in your camera bag Tim?

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Malvern
There's market for it at that price. I doubt we will see it any time soon in your camera bag Tim?
I'm sure it will sell really well just like Tamron's other lenses, especially at that price. I might buy it at some point just to compare with the Sony version but I already have so many lenses I'd like to compare and not enough time in the day right now :(

seuadr

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Sep 2, 2020
Name
Jared
Country
United States
City/State
Eaton Rapids, Michigan
Would this be good option on a A6400? Cheaper and lighter then the Sony 70-350.
really going to have to wait until the reviews to see how it compares optically.

Jskufca

Novice Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 30, 2020
really going to have to wait until the reviews to see how it compares optically.
I would guess the problem is optical stabilization. Since I don't have IBIS, assume that the Sony 70-350 with OSS is better on my A6400

seuadr

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Sep 2, 2020
Name
Jared
Country
United States
City/State
Eaton Rapids, Michigan
I would guess the problem is optical stabilization. Since I don't have IBIS, assume that the Sony 70-350 with OSS is better on my A6400
really just depends on how and what you are using it for - if you are keeping relatively fast shutter speeds for stuff like wildlife and action shots - you probably won't even notice a difference.

Ziggy

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 6, 2020
Country
Australia
City/State
Victoria
How quickly the whole adapted lens hassle has disappeared.

TheFuzzyShooter

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Oct 28, 2020
Name
Andrew
Hopefully relevant to this thread, but wondering if you gents can help.

I’m trying to figure out which lens I should be shopping around for next to update my camera bag. I’ve currently got the Tamron 17-28mm 2.8, the kit 28-70mm 3.5 - 5.6 and playing around with some vintage 70-200mm’s. Being more into landscape photography at the moment I am finding the 70-200 is a great lens to both focus in on elements of the landscape to compose your image (and get rid of the sky and overexposure), as well as separate close up objects from the background for bokelicious shots.

Just wondering whether others have advice and experience on the 70-300 tamron, the 70-180 2.8 tamron, the sony 70-200 f4, etc. I’m finding I spend a fair amount of time towards the 150-200mm end of the focal range for artistic shots and am worried the 70-180 may be a bit short.

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.