Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Tamron Lenses USA has launched a flash sale on their Sony E-Mount lenses that runs from March 15th to March 28th 2021. Savings up to $100 are available.

I came across the Tamron 24mm F/2.8 Di III OSD M1:2 in another thread where I was musing about lenses that could yield a 35mm full-frame equivalent when used on an APSC like the a6400 (this one would be the equivalent of 36mm).
Pros: Cheap! The minimum focusing distance on that lens is remarkable, only 12cm (4.7inch), so you can get pretty close to your subject. Good CA reduction and decent pictures from the samples I've seen.
Cons: No VC (vibration compensation) and according to some reviews the autofocus hunts a bit and is noisy.

If I can scrounge up $200, I might actually buy it.

I recently purchased the 28-200 and now it is on sale. :( I could have used that savings towards the A7Siii.
Along with the 28-200, I have the 28-75 and 17-28. All three of these lenses are great for Infrared based on my testing with a 850nm filter and going as small as f/14.

I came across the Tamron 24mm F/2.8 Di III OSD M1:2 in another thread where I was musing about lenses that could yield a 35mm full-frame equivalent when used on an APSC like the a6400 (this one would be the equivalent of 36mm).
Pros: Cheap! The minimum focusing distance on that lens is remarkable, only 12cm (4.7inch), so you can get pretty close to your subject. Good CA reduction and decent pictures from the samples I've seen.
Cons: No VC (vibration compensation) and according to some reviews the autofocus hunts a bit and is noisy.

If I can scrounge up $200, I might actually buy it.
Bought it. Happy early Birthday to me lol

Back