Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Tim
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I am so excited about this forum!! Thanks Tim for setting it up. I have been filling the posts on facebook for a few months now.

Photography is a serious hobby for me. I first became interested in photography around the age of 12. I saved my paper route money for a year to buy my first SLR (a Ricoh XR7 http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Ricoh_XR7). That was a fantastic camera to learn how to be a photographer & I still have it. I shot mostly B&W then so I could develop and print my own photos. Over the years, I upgraded to a Nikon N70 SLR and then to the Nikon D40 dSLR. I have also owned probably 20 different "point and shoot" cameras along the way. About 6 years ago I decided to upgrade my D40 but was tired of hauling around such a big camera so I started researching mirrorless cameras. After a lot of research and testing, I bought an a6000 at my local camera store. I just added a Sony a7RIV with the 200-600 lens to my collection as I have become very interested in wildlife photography (especially birds). I have mostly Sony APS-C e-mount lenses that I bought for my a6000. In addition to wildlife photography, I enjoy shooting landscapes, flowers and people in their natural environment. I still have a long way to go to become a great photographer and look forward to learning from all of you on this forum. The a7RIV is an amazing camera but I don't currently have the knowledge to maximize its potential. I am hoping that being a part of this group will help me learn more about this camera and how to be a better photographer.

Thanks everyone for reading! I look forward to getting to know all of you better.

Thanks for joining and introducing yourself tkny! Any questions on the a7R IV just ask! It certainly is an amazing camera, hard to see how they will improve upon this when the inevitable V model comes out.

Back