Thanks for the accept & hello from the Netherlands!

Gilraen

Newcomer
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Country
Netherlands
Hi all and thanks @Tim for the accept!

I ended up on these forums via the Wildlife group on Facebook (as probably many of you did). I have been enjoying the Facebook group tremendously in the ~2 months since I have joined; not just for all the wonderful photos that are being posted, but also because of all the extremely helpful advise that has been offered in such a short time. And I expect to enjoy these forums just as much! :)

Some personal info:
I am 32 and am from The Netherlands, Eindhoven ('the Dutch Silicon Valley' ;) ....) and have gotten into photography only 2-3 years ago due to a longer trip through South Africa. I wanted to get a better camera, instead of 'point and click' and as I had no idea what ISO even meant, I started with my first photography course. It wasn't long until i fell in love with photography & african wildlife, but I quickly realized my simple Panasonic system camera with a fixed lens wouldn't do. So since then I've been 'making do' with borrowed cameras (an amazing but ooooold and heavy, unstabilized Canon + 400mm, a Nikon D7200 with a nice Sigma telezoom and the Canon 80D). This gave me a nice opportunity to try different brands/combo's, and now it is time for my own set that is a little more manageable. After doubting between the Canon 80D (more affordable), or the Nikon D500 or the Fuji XT3 I decided on Sony with it's autofocus capabilities, buffer, etc. After advice from the Facebook group I've decided against buying the A7 III (my original plan) in combination with the 200-600 + 90 mm, and am saving up a little more to get the A9 instead, somewhere in the next 6 months.

From then on I am looking forward to share my photo's!

Thanks for the invite!

Back