Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Gary
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know if the thinktank 150 holster will fit the sony a9 or sony a7iii and the 200-600 mm with or without the hood fitted , thanks all

thanks looks like yet another bag my wife will be so happy I seem to never stop buying bags , and guess what they are never quiet right her words not mine

thanks looks like yet another bag my wife will be so happy I seem to never stop buying bags , and guess what they are never quiet right her words not mine
Hmm, wives and bags, thorny subject here.
Last year my beloved bought me 2 bags for my birthday.
First was the Lowepro 350 AWii which I love but she thinks is ugly.
Second was the Peak Design Everyday sling which I intended to use for evening walkabouts on holidays with a smaller kit setup. This bag has now been appropriated as her work bag.
At the start of this year I took out a subscription to Digital Camera magazine and the introductory gift was a Veo Vanguard. This was met with “why do you need another bag?” until it arrived and found itself brought into service as another work bag for her!
Where am I going wrong?

....the Lowepro 350 AWii ... she thinks is ugly.
....the Peak Design Everyday sling bag has now been appropriated as her work bag.
.... a Veo Vanguard bag found itself brought into service as another work bag for her!
Where am I going wrong?

Robert, you answered your own question. Buy only UGLY bags so she won't bother appropriating them. 😉

I've been on the bag hunt as well. My peak design is too small for my a7riii (bought it when I was using the a6100. Currently have a Mindshift Photocross 10 that I love besides it slinging over the left shoulder, I prefer the right. Returned a TurnStyle 20 fors the ame reason. Today I received the Lowepro 250 sling. It's right shoulder sling, but not as comfortable or easy to swap lenses. Either the Photocross or the lowepro is getting returned. I am happy to say that both will hold the equipment I want to bring.... I just don't understand why bags can't be ambidextrous. Why do manufacturers commit to only being able to sling to one shoulder....

,,,,I just don't understand why bags can't be ambidextrous...

They do make ambidextrous bags. We mountain folks call em backpacks. You get to choose which shoulder you want. :D

Seriously though, when I find a product I can’t live w/o and it’s (usually) not quite to my liking — in your case, a bag — I modify it. I bought a used sewing machine years back. I buy strapping, find some 2” nylon side-squeeze buckles in my junk draw and sew away. Maybe not your style, but a good seamstress could for a few bucks. Either way, good luck on your choice.

EDITED: Not to stir the pot, but I have this one for light duty. Holds 2 cams, 1-2 med lenses, and many small compartments. It's right shoulder sling. Not as fancy as Lowepro though. Look at picture in ad's left column to see size on a person.... Just a thought....

click for slingpack

Attachments

• Slingbag.JPG
    Slingbag.JPG
    116.1 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
Nice bag. I'll check it out. Ive thought about switching to a backpack style, but I really like the crossbody sling style....

Back