What I need is a haptic shutter button

MBeltran

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Marlon Beltran
Instead of only being able to make exposures silently, I would rather be able to feel the shutter go off with a little bump or vibration on the index finger from the exposure button. What I need from Sony is haptic feedback from the shutter button.

That sounds like a good option - a third feedback channel after the optional sound and the flash in the viewfinder.

The haptic feedback would have to be optional, though, to allow those who want to avoid all forms of vibration to disable it.

If I had that I'd take so many unintentional photos :D

I don't know if it'd be a good idea if having something vibrate inside your camera at the very moment it's taking a still picture. Even old SLR's had modes where you could raise your mirror, wait and expose, so that it wouldn't be affected by the movement.

That sounds like a good option - a third feedback channel after the optional sound and the flash in the viewfinder.

The haptic feedback would have to be optional, though, to allow those who want to avoid all forms of vibration to disable it.
Yes, keep the flash in the viewfinder, though for me it's easy to miss and I am left wondering if I made the exposure.

I don't know if it'd be a good idea if having something vibrate inside your camera at the very moment it's taking a still picture. Even old SLR's had modes where you could raise your mirror, wait and expose, so that it wouldn't be affected by the movement.
Well, I think if they localize it well enough to just the shutter button, it will be okay. I know for long exposures any vibration is a detriment, but for street shooting, you are on the move and the camera is in your hands, not on a tripod.

Not sure the current line of cameras are backward looking and I can only imagine most users going in to
mirrorless cameras are ok with the current shutter optional sound and or viewfinder LED indication.

Not suggesting heptic feedback would be bad but i don't think such a backward looking addition is a valid
commercial proposition for the manufacturers....I don't think I would hold my breath for such an addition in
the future.

Ooh - I wonder if they could/might put haptic feedback into a remote trigger? Isolate the vibration from the camera completely! That might be the best of both worlds.

Back