Followers
Following
Name
Ralph Ernesti
Country
Australia
City/State
Mildura
Now this one has sort of bothered me a little as I am talking about the day I fall off the planet and my photo's are left here.
I know my kids will not want them because I know them. They might pick a shot here and there but most will just sit there.
Will they just dump them? which I do think is more on the cards than any other thing I can think of.

So while I have been thinking of this, I think one way for some to be saved.
This is to make a few coffee table books. Then some of what I will call my better shots can be saved from just being thrown away.
Has anyone else had this thought about their photo's as I would love to hear what you are thinking of doing or what you are now doing.

The coffee table book is an excellent idea.
For our wedding, my wife's uncle [an amateur photographer] took enough shots to make us a coffee table book. We still treasure this many years after his passing.

I often wonder what will happen as well. My husband and I don't have children, so I'm sure they will just fade away....are maybe I'll become a famous photographer in death?

My photos will be in the Recycle Bin before my ashes quit smoldering!

I often wonder what will happen as well. My husband and I don't have children, so I'm sure they will just fade away....are maybe I'll become a famous photographer in death?
No kids here either (yet), but I am thinking my pictures will live on in Facebook Memories for someone, especially since my mom ALWAYS shares my posts (bless her, I don't think she fully understands social media sometimes).
My goal with this camera was always to get good enough to take pictures which I think might be worth printing, maybe even frame some to put on the walls (my house is ridiculously spartan) or if I get enough on a particular theme I'll do some coffee table type books.

I always print out my favourite shots, which isn't very many each year as I'm very fussy! My better half had some coasters printed out as well, a keyring and a mouse matt :)

For the family they might discover that many of the external laptop drives have all the jpegs that they might copy the family pics from. I really expect all my nature photography shots will be destroyed.

I suspect several of my photos will survive because they are shared as a donation for some of the local area performing arts. Some of those photos have even been printed on display boards, end up on web sites, and people will add them to their social media.

I have noticed that video seems to be the media that family members are really interested in - I might take some of my favorite photos of the family interspersed with my nature shots and make a video slideshow with some captions so family will have some of my "thoughts" stored in memory.

Back