What's everyones thoughts on mobile photography?

AlphaArt

Original poster
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 10, 2020
Name
Julie
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Leicestershire
I have tended to go with high end phones with ok cameras and have taken some good memories. Currently using Galaxy S20+ and I find it handy when no slr is available or for wide angle when using SLR with zoom.

Kevriano

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 18, 2020
Name
Kev Harper
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Crawley
For the last 2 years I've used my Huawei for all of my landscape shots, as I don't concentrate on that as a subject. To be honest, it's damned good at it.

Reactions: AlphaArt

Osval

Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Nov 14, 2020
Name
Osvaldo Chaves
In my opinion, mobile photography is great and made our passion reach the masses. It's the same as DSLR/Mirrorless? Damn, no, but in some aspects it's superior. Sooner or later, our cameras will have to adapt computational photography. It's not acceptable that a basic phone can have much more processing power that our cameras.

Regarding quality, sometimes I have to see the exif data to check if it was taken by my phone or with my DSLR (I'm talking about my old 18MP Canon, still not enough photos with my Sony to compare).

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.