Which photographic genres or subjects interest you and why

I find the it difficult to use the flippy screen when the 70-200mm is fitted on my camera for really low shots (high is OK), only kneeling really works. No problems with the 50mm though in that attitude.
I wouldn't expect to use such a lens for that kind of application. Horses for courses!

I wouldn't expect to use such a lens for that kind of application. Horses for courses!
Not for the image of the vehicle you've posted, but there are other occassions where I've had to get down low (real low) with the 70-200mm, and its been difficult to handle with the flippy screen.

I'd swap my flippy for an up/down any day. Ideal would be the combo variant, but not at the price premium of the a7r5 over the a7iv!

I shoot weddings and events for a living but want to get back to, is some hobby photography which is birds. I owned the 100-400 and loved it but traded it for the 200-600. This was a mistake as my back could not cope with the weight. So I am now left without a long lens. I would love the 100-400 again but not sure I can justify the cost. I may go for the Tamron 50-400 but wonder if I will always miss the ability to use a 1.4x . another option is a 2x to go with my 70-200 f2.8 mkII. I may rent one to give it a try. This shot was hand held at 1/60 at 560mm, you have to love IS and IBIS

AL-004.JPG
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS + 1.4X Teleconverter
  • 560.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 1000

I shoot weddings and events for a living but want to get back to, is some hobby photography which is birds. I owned the 100-400 and loved it but traded it for the 200-600. This was a mistake as my back could not cope with the weight. So I am now left without a long lens. I would love the 100-400 again but not sure I can justify the cost. I may go for the Tamron 50-400 but wonder if I will always miss the ability to use a 1.4x . another option is a 2x to go with my 70-200 f2.8 mkII. I may rent one to give it a try. This shot was hand held at 1/60 at 560mm, you have to love IS and IBIS

View attachment 55251
Hi on a tripod or hand held, just looking at shutter speed, I rarely see kingfishers and they never hang around once they spot me

Hi on a tripod or hand held, just looking at shutter speed, I rarely see kingfishers and they never hang around once they spot me
Hand held, I started at 1/500 and got good shots but as the bird was not moving I thought I would see how slow I could go to lower the iso. It was taken at Bradford upon Avon, there is a stretch of river with kingfishers that don't care about people. Amazing and very different to normal behaviour . My mate lives local and tells me you can have 5-10 photographers 20ft away, some with DSLR's clacking away and they just sit there posing.

AL-012.JPG
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 GM OSS + 1.4X Teleconverter
  • 560.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/60 sec
  • ISO 1600

Hand held, I started at 1/500 and got good shots but as the bird was not moving I thought I would see how slow I could go to lower the iso. It was taken at Bradford upon Avon, there is a stretch of river with kingfishers that don't care about people. Amazing and very different to normal behaviour . My mate lives local and tells me you can have 5-10 photographers 20ft away, some with DSLR's clacking away and they just sit there posing.

View attachment 55252
Yes that is lucky for sure it is usually the flash of blue and see you later mate

Back