Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Who has the best YouTube Channel?

Gaz

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Name
Gary Finn
Country
Australia
City/State
Coogee Beach
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Morten Hilmer
I’m hooked on his anecdotes and photography lifestyle. Also impressed by the number of printed calendars that he sells on a planet that is totally digital.

Do you have a favorite I’m missing out on?

I like Simon D'entremont and Mads Peter Iversen mate. Peter is such a harmless creature, a lovely man! 🌞

Mark Galer’s approach appeals to me (doesn’t hurt that he’s a local, so I don’t have to understand an accent!).

Love Nugget Noggin the metal detectorist another hobby of mine .....

I actually like the Norhtups. I know they are not overly liked but I like how they go about things.

I actually like the Norhtups. I know they are not overly liked but I like how they go about things.
I can take them or leave them.

The funniest thing is that while everyone says they can't stand to watch the Northrups, they continue to have what appears to be a thriving influencer/review thing going. I think people say they can't stand them, and then watch them in secret!

About the only time I watch any of these things is if I'm looking for specific information. That holds true even with those I watch periodically. I like Dustin Abbot's take on things, but will only look for his videos if I want to know something about a particular camera/lens etc.

The sole exception is Bruce Williams, who has an entire series of excellent Darktable tutorials. I think he's up to 125 or so.

Viva La Dirt League but I guess you mean photography stuff. So Thomas Heaton, Kim Grant, Mark Smith and Jan Wegener for wildlife, landscape and general stuff. If I am looking for gear reviews I like Duston Abbot, PetaPixel, and yes the Nothrups as I like to have several different views.

I've cut back on my watching of photography centric videos since it has started to feel that a lot of them are gear centric and I just don't have any interest in that anymore.

I just discovered Mads Peter Iversen and I like Courtney Victoria‘s video for landscaping, I watch Duade Paton for wildlife and gear talk and Paul Reiffer for editing. Dustin Abbott Is on my list as well.

I like Manny Ortiz, Dustin Abbott, The Northrups and Chris and Jordan.

I like Simon D'entremont and Mads Peter Iversen mate. Peter is such a harmless creature, a lovely man! 🌞
I find Mads videos so relaxing, kind of why I like the idea of landscape photography in the first place.

I also like Thomas Heaton. I even bought one of his calendars a while back.

I think you should get one started Clint although not sure it would last long 🤣 if you went :)off on one mate

Maybe I could do one where I do half about cameras and half about the ****** up world. Could be a hit... 👏

I find Mads videos so relaxing, kind of why I like the idea of landscape photography in the first place.

I also like Thomas Heaton. I even bought one of his calendars a while back.

I like Thomas how he isn't a natural behind the camera yet he still does a nice job.

I have to agree with people about the Northrup's too, I love their chemistry and I do feel there's a lot of genuinity in their reviews. I'll watch them for gear reviews outside of Dustin Abbott and Christopher Frost.

It might be a little expensive to ship but his book is excellent.
I probably will purchase it.

In another genre, I like The Bite Shot for food photography. This is the other genre I wanted to get into, but I realized I didn't want to invest in the props, nor did I have the patience, for food styling.

Other than some getting info when something new comes out I do not watch many. The whole you tube industry makes we wonder how much do those "working photographer" actually shoot, supplying content to a you tube channel is a lot of work and takes up a bunch of time. I just no when I was working at this between travel and the deadlines, I could never have produced a video a week. So I maybe wrong but it just feels like the channel is more for income than informing the masses. This is not just in photo content ones, there a lot of them where the content is following their chosen lifestyle which on the surfaces seems liberating and fun but in the end they could not support the lifestyle with out the income from youtube. Just my opnion others may differ.

Other than some getting info when something new comes out I do not watch many. The whole you tube industry makes we wonder how much do those "working photographer" actually shoot, supplying content to a you tube channel is a lot of work and takes up a bunch of time. I just no when I was working at this between travel and the deadlines, I could never have produced a video a week. So I maybe wrong but it just feels like the channel is more for income than informing the masses. This is not just in photo content ones, there a lot of them where the content is following their chosen lifestyle which on the surfaces seems liberating and fun but in the end they could not support the lifestyle with out the income from youtube. Just my opnion others may differ.
I think you're spot on. All of these people are making, or trying to make, a living from this. And yeah, if you're pumping out multiple videos a month with slick production and professional results, you aren't spending much time as a photographer other than to display example images in your videos. What's astounding is how many people don't realize that.

Mark Galer, Gerald Undone, Pete Pixel, Anthony Morganti. I used tol do Mark Smith and have no idea why I have not been lately.

As others have said I tend to look if I want some info, but that goes for all subjects not just photography

I used tol do Mark Smith and have no idea why I have not been lately.
He hasn't released anything in months. His last video was over 4 months ago and only 3 this calendar year.

I personally like the Peta Pixel channel but honestly I only search for specific content (mostly gear reviews). Most reviews that are out there were posted on the day of release so the content is sponsored, simply by the fact that they got access to the camera before the general public.

On that topic, are there any unbiased review channels? I am looking for an honest review of the A7CII, even better when it's compared to the A7IV, as I am considering both cameras at the moment to upgrade from my a6300.

New in Marketplace

Back