Wide angle Sony 14 F1.8 ?

View the Latest Sony Lens Deals At: B&H Photo

Spacemonkey

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Wilkinson
I am looking at buying a wide angle lens in the 12 -18 mm range.
Is the 14mm F1.8 GM the dogs dangly bits ...or should I consider others?
Like all the other Sony lenses, its not cheap, so any opions would be welcomed.

Thanks in advance!

If you search the Net, you will find many reviews by the Pro's. The reviews along with the photos sure got to me. I am just a huge fan of fine equipment and from what I can discern from the reviews, this lens is among the finest. I hope. Mine lands here on Monday. I'm upset, like a two year old, that I have to wait another weekend.

If you search the Net, you will find many reviews by the Pro's. The reviews along with the photos sure got to me. I am just a huge fan of fine equipment and from what I can discern from the reviews, this lens is among the finest. I hope. Mine lands here on Monday. I'm upset, like a two year old, that I have to wait another weekend.
It would be great to hear how you get on with it.
Pro reviews are a great guide, but I do value 'real user' reviews as we see on this site.
When choosing between the 70-200 F2.8 and 70-200 F4, I got some very sensibe advise from users on this site which lead me to the right choice for me.

It would be great to hear how you get on with it.
Pro reviews are a great guide, but I do value 'real user' reviews as we see on this site.
When choosing between the 70-200 F2.8 and 70-200 F4, I got some very sensibe advise from users on this site which lead me to the right choice for me.
I will hope that I can produce something good enough to share.

Well I folded in the end and bought it!
First impressions are great, love it!
DSC01889.jpg
  • ILCE-7M3
  • FE 14mm F1.8 GM
  • 14.0 mm
  • ƒ/7.1
  • 1/125 sec
  • ISO 250
DSC01896-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M3
  • FE 14mm F1.8 GM