Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

WTC Memorial

evacguy

Veteran Member
Followers
Following
Name
Ed Galea
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
London
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
The WTC memorial is a solemn, peaceful, reflective space. Photographing this place in the rain seemed appropriate, the raindrops representing the tears of humanity.

WTC_memorial-2.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II
  • 24.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/30 sec
  • ISO 500

I felt that there were too many people around the monument in image 2. I used photoshop AI generative fill to remove some of the people in image 3. I think it did a pretty good job.
WTC_memorial-3.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 2000

Photoshop AI Genertive fill was used to remove a number of people around the monument.
WTC_memorial-12.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 2000

WTC_memorial-8.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/22
  • 1/80 sec
  • ISO 2000

WTC_memorial-10.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/10 sec
  • ISO 100

WTC_memorial-11.jpg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • FE 24-70mm F2.8 GM II
  • 70.0 mm
  • ƒ/8
  • 1/10 sec
  • ISO 100

Nice pictures! Also, i see that i need to get into photoshop more and learn generative fill - because that result is amazing!

Nice pictures! Also, i see that i need to get into photoshop more and learn generative fill - because that result is amazing!
Thanks Loke. I think the PS Ai Generative Fill is a great tool if used selectively. I've only used it to remove transitory objects/items that unbalance or clutter the composition. It can do a lot more, like add items to the composition, which I don't particularly like or approve of, so don't use. This and similar capabilities can be a good or bad tool, it depends on how it's used, but this type of capability is changing photography.

I had to zoom in when you said you used the AI generative fill, because at a casual glance nothing seemed amiss! Naturally if you look closely the AI tell-tale signs are there, but still quite impressive.

The WTC memorial is a solemn, peaceful, reflective space. Photographing this place in the rain seemed appropriate, the raindrops representing the tears of humanity.

View attachment 60539

I felt that there were too many people around the monument in image 2. I used photoshop AI generative fill to remove some of the people in image 3. I think it did a pretty good job.
View attachment 60540

Photoshop AI Genertive fill was used to remove a number of people around the monument.
View attachment 60544

View attachment 60545

View attachment 60546

View attachment 60547
Really, really nice.

I had to zoom in when you said you used the AI generative fill, because at a casual glance nothing seemed amiss! Naturally if you look closely the AI tell-tale signs are there, but still quite impressive.
Thanks Chris. I'm impressed with its capabilities. But you do have to go through a lot of iterations to get something that looks good. Sometimes it doesn't just remove the object highlighted, sometimes it puts something in its place, and often its inappropriate like a chicken or something!

I don't think I've ever even seen pictures before: had no idea what the memorial looked like.

It is a sombre and moving place.

Our multinational parent company had a branch there. Didn't know anyone, but our Japanese Head-office bosses did. A terrible day.

I don't think I've ever even seen pictures before: had no idea what the memorial looked like.

It is a sombre and moving place.

Our multinational parent company had a branch there. Didn't know anyone, but our Japanese Head-office bosses did. A terrible day.
Yes, it was a shocking day. We witnessed the best and worst of humanity on that day. I had a project to study the evacuation of the twin towers. I interviewed 300 survivors, including first responders. Those stories will stay with me for the rest of my life.

New in Marketplace

Back