Sdawes

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
What an amazing spectacle to be seen this time of year at high tide at Snettisham in Norfolk , thousands of waders being pushed off the sandbanks towards the shore , the sight and sounds of this number of birds is simply breathtaking.

Attachments

• DSC01379-Edit.jpg
    DSC01379-Edit.jpg
    507.9 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC01454-Edit.jpg
    DSC01454-Edit.jpg
    479.4 KB · Views: 59
  • DSC01614-Edit.jpg
    DSC01614-Edit.jpg
    633.4 KB · Views: 61
Wow. Definitely an incredible sight Steve and you've captured it so well!

Really must go up there one day

Wow. that has to be deafening..

Worth every minute of the journey , wonderful spectacle but need to pick the right days for the tides

Yes, it's a 3.5 hour trek for me, so definitely. What's the best tide?

Yes, it's a 3.5 hour trek for me, so definitely. What's the best tide?
Thats the same time it takes me Kev , Autumn is the time of year and Sept , Oct , November are the best months when the waders reach peak numbers . You need to look at the tide tables and pick a day when the high tide is a minimum 7metres as anything below that will not push all the birds off the sandbanks on the estuary. I have booked another short break for next October as the 7th , 8th and 9th are all 7.5M plus and a reasonable time early morning so should be spectacular . Bear in mind if you do go it is a good 30min walk from RSPB Snettisham car park to the watch point on the beach so need to factor that in when looking at the high tide time.

Thats the same time it takes me Kev , Autumn is the time of year and Sept , Oct , November are the best months when the waders reach peak numbers . You need to look at the tide tables and pick a day when the high tide is a minimum 7metres as anything below that will not push all the birds off the sandbanks on the estuary. I have booked another short break for next October as the 7th , 8th and 9th are all 7.5M plus and a reasonable time early morning so should be spectacular . Bear in mind if you do go it is a good 30min walk from RSPB Snettisham car park to the watch point on the beach so need to factor that in when looking at the high tide time.

Cheers, did you mean November?

No the dates are next October that I am going , if you look on the rspb snettisham website they list the high tide dates for the rest of this year

Cheers. That's some forward planning!

Back