Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Cambodia - Memories and Moonshine.

Gaz

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Name
Gary Finn
Country
Australia
City/State
Coogee Beach
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
The Whisky Club send over a bottle per month of something unique. Texas Single Malt sherry finish - member’s exclusive!

Perfect accompaniment to complete a review of previous holidays.

IMG_9018.jpeg
  • iPhone 6s Plus
  • iPhone 6s Plus back camera 4.15mm f/2.2
  • 4.2 mm
  • ƒ/2.2
  • 1/550 sec
  • ISO 25

IMG_8909.jpeg
  • iPhone 6s Plus
  • 4.2 mm
  • ƒ/2.2
  • 1/1600 sec
  • ISO 25

GJF02005_jpg.jpeg
  • ILCE-7M4
  • Sony FE 90mm F2.8 OSS
  • 90.0 mm
  • ƒ/3.2
  • 1/30 sec
  • ISO 12800

sh*t it's a cask strength too. I got the Glenfarclas cask strength delivered yesterday. How's that Exclusive beast go? It's like a Scottish whisky yeah? Not a bourbon...

sh*t it's a cask strength too. I got the Glenfarclas cask strength delivered yesterday. How's that Exclusive beast go? It's like a Scottish whisky yeah? Not a bourbon...
Nothing Scottish about it. It’s a little bourbon like in the sense that it is grungy, but quite fruity - triple sherry something something. The descriptions and flavors aren’t familiar. The heat is good. That much of it is Scottish! Quite an interesting take on single malt. I’m enjoying it.

Cambodia must have been beautiful to visit and photograph!
As for the Balcones, I've seen the brand here in the States, but never tried it.

Cambodia must have been beautiful to visit and photograph!
As for the Balcones, I've seen the brand here in the States, but never tried it.
I’d return to Cambodia.

Apart from the over published iconic sunrises at the Angkor Wat Temple, which you can film with an iPad and still be impressed, there is so much to see, and the locals are genuinely friendly and accommodating.

IMG_8892.jpeg
  • iPhone 6s Plus
  • 4.2 mm
  • ƒ/2.2
  • 1/33 sec
  • ISO 25

What Aussie whisky bottles do you have laying around at your place mate? Overeem is probably my favourite overall whisky brand these days, absolutely astonishing whisky. I really enjoy many of the other Aussie ones too, didn't realise how many of them I had till I counted them a few weeks ago...

What Aussie whisky bottles do you have laying around at your place mate? Overeem is probably my favourite overall whisky brand these days, absolutely astonishing whisky. I really enjoy many of the other Aussie ones too, didn't realise how many of them I had till I counted them a few weeks ago...
They don’t last very long at my house. I did enjoy the last overeem I had though, through the whisky club.

I do like a lark every now and again. I’m a sherry bomb fan though.

I did enjoy the last overeem I had though, through the whisky club.

I’m a sherry bomb fan though.

I'm drooling! 🫡

I love the sherry finishes too although port probably just beats it for me, but only just..!

New in Marketplace

Back