Debs

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Debbie Davies
Hi everyone

So, just a little introduction message.

Having not really done much in the way of photography for several years because of many mental and physical health issues I've started to feel the creative spark again.

Over the last few months I've been getting all the IT side of things set up again and I've renewed my Photoshop account again. A few weeks ago I underwent my second cataracts surgery so I've gone from being completely blind to having perfect sight which feels amazing. And finally, this week I took all of my Pro Nikon gear down to Wex in Birmingham and part exchanged it for the new Sony 7CR (just an amazing little camera) and a collection of fast Sigma primes.

I'm looking at something new from photography now. Before I did lots of magazine and wedding work but now I'm starting over again and looking very much for pleasure and personal creativity. Weddings were nothing but huge pressure from start to finish and magazine work came with tight deadlines and little creative freedom.

In short who knows what is going to happen! But I hope small and enjoyable times.

All the best
Debs

Welcome Debs to the forum - Lovely to hear about your surgery - amazing what can be done!

Looking forward to seeing your photos in the future. I wonder what Sigma lens you chose?

Welcome Debs to the forum - Lovely to hear about your surgery - amazing what can be done!

Looking forward to seeing your photos in the future. I wonder what Sigma lens you chose?
Hi Steven

I picked the 24mm-70mm f2.8 because everyone should have that lens as a general rule. The the Sony 50mm f1.8 because it nice and small but reasonably fast and sharp. Then the 85mm f1.4 Sigma which is one of my favourite street shooting length lenses and it just looks such a beast being short and wide with big glass at the sharp end. And then I finished off with the Sigma 35mm f1.4. Another nice lens but big for every day work.

Debs

Welcome aboard. I give you kudos for daring to shoot weddings. I've done one in my life as a favor, never again.

Good to hear about successful cataract surgery. I am going in for an evaluation in February. I'm hoping they get me in for surgery straight away before my busy season starts. I had an evaluation last year but couldn't decide which lens I wanted and ended up waiting too long, so we start from scratch.

Welcome aboard. I give you kudos for daring to shoot weddings. I've done one in my life as a favor, never again.

Good to hear about successful cataract surgery. I am going in for an evaluation in February. I'm hoping they get me in for surgery straight away before my busy season starts. I had an evaluation last year but couldn't decide which lens I wanted and ended up waiting too long, so we start from scratch.
Yes, weddings are a total nightmare. I remember feeling sick driving home after every wedding worried that something had gone wrong with my kit and I had ended up with no images to work with or everything was out of focus. On the other hand, when all the post processing was done and you hand the final images over to the customer there is nothing that feels better.

I hope your surgery goes well. There really is nothing to worry about. I had my right eye done in October and my left eye done a few weeks ago and I can honestly say that my vision is better than it was 30 years ago.

Debs

So you are a one-time pro going amateur? That sounds much more comfortable than the other way around. Freedom just to enjoy.

Amazing that the cataract surgery had such a great success. Enjoy the new eyesight, the new lenses, the new camera :)

Welcome to the forum!

So you are a one-time pro going amateur? That sounds much more comfortable than the other way around. Freedom just to enjoy.

Amazing that the cataract surgery had such a great success. Enjoy the new eyesight, the new lenses, the new camera :)

Welcome to the forum!
Yes, I'm really looking forward to having the freedom to shoot what I want when I want to shoot it and not to live up to other people's expectations

Debs

Welcome to THE club Deb! 🥳

Nice to hear your all round health is looking good. I've no doubt your life will improve drastically by revamping something you have long been so passionate about too. Great story. 🌞

Hi everyone

So, just a little introduction message.

Having not really done much in the way of photography for several years because of many mental and physical health issues I've started to feel the creative spark again.

Over the last few months I've been getting all the IT side of things set up again and I've renewed my Photoshop account again. A few weeks ago I underwent my second cataracts surgery so I've gone from being completely blind to having perfect sight which feels amazing. And finally, this week I took all of my Pro Nikon gear down to Wex in Birmingham and part exchanged it for the new Sony 7CR (just an amazing little camera) and a collection of fast Sigma primes.

I'm looking at something new from photography now. Before I did lots of magazine and wedding work but now I'm starting over again and looking very much for pleasure and personal creativity. Weddings were nothing but huge pressure from start to finish and magazine work came with tight deadlines and little creative freedom.

In short who knows what is going to happen! But I hope small and enjoyable times.

All the best
Debs
Happy to hear you are getting back into your photography! Enjoy the process!!

Back