Following
Name
Alex Pler
Country
Spain
City/State
Barcelona
Hi,

I've been reading the forum for a couple of months now and today I decided to register.

13 years ago I had my first camera, an A300 DSLR but although I enjoyed it, I stopped carrying it once smartphones with relatively good camera arrived. I like traveling and taking pictures on the go, so I very much prefer the compactness and light weight.

But I started feeling like my smartphone camera wasn't enough, and this January I decided to buy an A7C. I have the kit lens and also the 40mm f2.5. And I bought a few books to learn about photography basics.

For now I have been enjoying to learn to use the A7C, in everyday shoots around my city (Barcelona), doing street for the first time in my life, and also taking the camera with me in a couple of trips. It's been a pleasure to carry it so far and I hope to keep learning and improving thanks to this forum.

I will post some pictures from a trip to Japan I did in early March.

Attachments

• A7C06231.jpg
    A7C06231.jpg
    529.7 KB · Views: 34
  • A7C08285 (1).jpg
    A7C08285 (1).jpg
    371.8 KB · Views: 34
  • A7C08825.jpg
    A7C08825.jpg
    996.2 KB · Views: 35
  • A7C08356 (1).jpg
    A7C08356 (1).jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
Hola

What a coincidence. Just back from Japan myself and currently in Spain. Absolutely love Barcelona, plenty of opportunities for the camera there.

Nice shots of Japan, very atmospheric.

I'd say you have a good eye.

Hola

What a coincidence. Just back from Japan myself and currently in Spain. Absolutely love Barcelona, plenty of opportunities for the camera there.

Nice shots of Japan, very atmospheric.

I'd say you have a good eye.

Now that's a (double) coincidence! I hope that you enjoy Spain, although it may seem less spectacular after Japan. But it has its own character that you may like.

Thanks for your words. That trip served me as an intensive workshop, as I was just learning about exposure, aperture and such.

Now that's a (double) coincidence! I hope that you enjoy Spain, although it may seem less spectacular after Japan. But it has its own character that you may like.

Thanks for your words. That trip served me as an intensive workshop, as I was just learning about exposure, aperture and such.
I love Spain, I travelled to San Sebastian from the UK several times a year for almost a decade for work. I don't recall learning a single word of Basque though.

Since retiring, we purchased a property near Alicante and use it as a base to travel around Spain and other parts of Europe. Next time I'm heading to Barcelona, I'll give you a shout.

Tomorrow we're heading to Granada for a look round.

I love Spain, I travelled to San Sebastian from the UK several times a year for almost a decade for work. I don't recall learning a single word of Basque though.

Since retiring, we purchased a property near Alicante and use it as a base to travel around Spain and other parts of Europe. Next time I'm heading to Barcelona, I'll give you a shout.

Tomorrow we're heading to Granada for a look round.

Granada is my favourite Spanish city. You will love it! Be sure to watch the sunset from Mirador de San Nicolás (in front of the Alhambra). Magical view.

Hi,

I've been reading the forum for a couple of months now and today I decided to register.

13 years ago I had my first camera, an A300 DSLR but although I enjoyed it, I stopped carrying it once smartphones with relatively good camera arrived. I like traveling and taking pictures on the go, so I very much prefer the compactness and light weight.

But I started feeling like my smartphone camera wasn't enough, and this January I decided to buy an A7C. I have the kit lens and also the 40mm f2.5. And I bought a few books to learn about photography basics.

For now I have been enjoying to learn to use the A7C, in everyday shoots around my city (Barcelona), doing street for the first time in my life, and also taking the camera with me in a couple of trips. It's been a pleasure to carry it so far and I hope to keep learning and improving thanks to this forum.

I will post some pictures from a trip to Japan I did in early March.
Your story is very familiar. There was a time where I sat my DSLR on the shelf and relied on my iPhones and loved it. Mirrorless tech has caught up. I’d love to live in Barcelona!
It’s in my list.

Bienvenido al forum!
Japan is a great place for anyone with an interest in photography, thank you for sharing! Your country is also on my bucket list (y)

Your story is very familiar. There was a time where I sat my DSLR on the shelf and relied on my iPhones and loved it. Mirrorless tech has caught up. I’d love to live in Barcelona!
It’s in my list.
Yes, I feel like mirrorless is what we were waiting for all this time. At first I didn't think it would make such a difference and now I always bring my camera, even for errands. I look like a tourist in my own city haha.

Bienvenido al forum!
Japan is a great place for anyone with an interest in photography, thank you for sharing! Your country is also on my bucket list (y)
Thanks for the welcome! Gracias. Japan has always fascinated me, I've been several times there. A different yet warm culture. Actually this recent trip was part of the reason that I finally bought the camera.

Welcome Alex and I'm glad to hear that you decided to register after browsing for a few months :) It looks like you are getting to grips with the a7C very quickly :)

Welcome Alex and I'm glad to hear that you decided to register after browsing for a few months :) It looks like you are getting to grips with the a7C very quickly :)
Thank you Timothy. It's been fun to learn using the a7c so far. And it's a perfect fit for carrying it around and practise on a daily basis. What a difference from my old DSLR.

Back