Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

All that's left

Slug

Well Known Member
Followers
Following
Name
Greg Close
Old jetty at Bridport Tasmania.

A6.jpg
  • ILCE-7RM2
  • FE 16-35mm F4 ZA OSS
  • 35.0 mm
  • ƒ/11
  • 10 sec
  • ISO 250

All that's left

"Jetty" does take quite a lot of imagination!

I love the soft colours in the water and sky.

Yes, that doesn't look like a jetty (any more) - I'd have expected two parallel lines of posts.

Powerful, yet tranquil, image of impermanence.

If I were editing the image, I'd have cropped away a bit of the foreground, but I don't know if that would improve the image - it would become kind of panoramic, emphasising the stretch into the distance, but would it harm the composition?

Yes, that doesn't look like a jetty (any more) - I'd have expected two parallel lines of posts.

Powerful, yet tranquil, image of impermanence.

If I were editing the image, I'd have cropped away a bit of the foreground, but I don't know if that would improve the image - it would become kind of panoramic, emphasising the stretch into the distance, but would it harm the composition?
Thanks, I have several versions of the old jetty from quite a few angles including drone shots from the other end. I personally like the composition of this one and the feel the reflections on the wet sand give to the overall perspective.

Thanks, I have several versions of the old jetty from quite a few angles including drone shots from the other end. I personally like the composition of this one and the feel the reflections on the wet sand give to the overall perspective.

I love it how the reflection of the first two posts come just above the bottom edge. A bottom edge crop would eat into that reflection and leave the image looking like it's amateur hour...

It's your image. It's your choice.

New in Marketplace

Back