Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Peter
City/State
Bournmeouth
We can hope, but I don't think it's there yet. While Canon/Sony/Nikon have all introduced CF cameras there aren't enough of them yet to impact the market on a large scale. More manufacturers is definitely a good sign and you may see some improvement, but it's going to take CF card cameras en-masse to reach the kind of scale needed to significantly reduce costs. And we can't ignored the widespread use of SD cards throughout the electronics industry that helps create economy of scale. The acceptance of CF cards for other uses will be paramount to lower costs.

As for the price, any CF card price is insane. I am squarely rooted in SD and have no intention of changing until prices are more realistic or I'm forced to do so due to supply or manufacturers offering no other option. My cameras work just fine.

Thanks for sharing Peter. It would certainly be nice to see the price of the CFexpress Type-A cards come down. Ideally the price needs to be cut in half at least!

Hi everyone, not sure if this has been mentioned elsewhere but the Lexar Gold 160gb CFExpress type A are up for pre-order at either Park Cameras or CVP in the UK for £265 (inc Vat). This is much cheaper than anything else and should bring the cost of the others down. I do use Lexar cards in my A1 for the second slot to record JPG to and I have CFExpress type A in slot 1 either Sony or Prograde for Raw files. At the above price I would order them when I need more. I am sure I have read somewhere that higher capacity ones will be available as well at some point.

Back