Sony A1 600mm F4 plus teleconverter length

NightBreed

Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Name
Ian
I just wanted to find out what is the actual length of the 600mm F4 with the 1.4 teleconverter attached to an A1 is or similar body? This is with the hood reversed for inside bag dimensions limits.

The 1.4x TC adds about 16mm to the length.
The 2x TC adds about 26mm to the length.
Both lengths approximate - I don't have a micrometer 🙃 - but as accurate as my measuring tape can be.

Add those to the reported length of the 600mm lens = 449mm without hood or caps - and you should be good to go.

Hope that's what you need.

When I need specs, I go to B&H Photo Video and they have table of specs for everything they sell. Easy Peazy.

I think he's looking for an overall dimension of the Lens>TC>Camera, front to back. I don't know anywhere to get that info other than finding someone who has the setup. But, he could extrapolate by using the numbers provided by @AlphaWorld and measuring almost any Alpha body from mount to the back, then adding them together. I can't image the A1 being more than a few mm different from any of the others. Certainly close enough to determine a case size.

I think he's looking for an overall dimension of the Lens>TC>Camera, front to back. I don't know anywhere to get that info other than finding someone who has the setup. But, he could extrapolate by using the numbers provided by @AlphaWorld and measuring almost any Alpha body from mount to the back, then adding them together. I can't image the A1 being more than a few mm different from any of the others. Certainly close enough to determine a case size.
I missed the A1 part - oops! Thanks for spotting that. I'll try to measure that tomorrow.

530mm = 600mm f4 + TC1.4 + A1. I always carry mine in the bag with a lens cap fitted so that would add an extra 10mm to accomodate in the bag if you used one.

Thanks to everyone for the info for the length of the 600mm f4 + TC + A1 (plus lens cap as well if fitted).

I asked twice as not everyone reads all the different forums on here, forgetting that it comes up anyway on the latest threads!

Tried measuring the A1, and got 47-50mm depending on whether you count the buttons on the back, but that's not including the rubber eye cup.

What lens cap do you use?
I made a similare version to the one that comes with the lens only a bit more versatile. I made my own from neoprene, plastic, felt and velcro. The neoprene end cover stays on when needed in the field and the hard plastic insert covered in felt goes inside the cover when in the bag. The supplied end cover will do.

I made a similare version to the one that comes with the lens only a bit more versatile. I made my own from neoprene, plastic, felt and velcro. The neoprene end cover stays on when needed in the field and the hard plastic insert covered in felt goes inside the cover when in the bag. The supplied end cover will do.
Thanks

Back