9v/3a battery PD

pmenear

Followers
Following
Name
Peter Menear
Has anyone come across a 9v/3a battery usb-pd to run (not charge) the A1, A7sIII etc. I've been searching the web but can't find a 27w power pack. I'm sure other wildlife photographers must be having the same problems with the A1. You sit waiting for hours for the animal/bird to do what you want by which time you've run out of batteries and gone back to your backup DSLR camera/lens, something that seems to happen most days. A couple of small power banks is what's needed.

Incase others may find my solution of use/interest. I'm using an Anker Powercore Elite III 25600mah 60w which has a USB-C output of 9v/3a and 2x USB-A of 9v/2a and a battery charger Nitecore USN4 Pro. I can now shoot all day (10hrs+) with 2 batteries. The battery charger uses the USB-A connection and charges one battery faster than the camera discharges the other and the camera can use the USB-C connector at the same time if needed to run without draining the camera battery. If I'm not carrying a backpack I carry it in a bumbag. The Powercore lasts all day and takes 3hrs to mains recharge and the Powercore can also recharge the laptop/smartphone if transferring files during the day.

Last edited:
Back