• ISO 2500
SA900874.jpg
  • ILCE-9
  • FE 85mm F1.8
  • 85.0 mm
  • Ć’/1.8
  • 1/100 sec
  • ISO 2000

Not a complaint about the quality of the photo in any way.
But what are the kids of today thinking. Unless they were heading to a fancy dress party but then the young fella, well I think it is a young fella could have been a little more better dress. Each to their own these days.

Not a complaint about the quality of the photo in any way.
But what are the kids of today thinking. Unless they were heading to a fancy dress party but then the young fella, well I think it is a young fella could have been a little more better dress. Each to their own these days.
Just a normal Friday night for some Ralph quite a few Goths in Glasgow. Just a generational thing when I think back to the 60/70 with long hair ??

I believe there are a few factors at play here Aussie. If you asked theses young people, they would probably say they felt like they didn't fit in with a "regular" crowd, maybe they had low self esteem from being bullied, so they lean into their difference and take it further and then they link up with like minded people (like this 3) and feel like they have found "their people" where they are accepted. It is also a mask to hide insecurity behind. It isn't a criticism of these young folks, I have 4 kids around their ages who have all gone through similar things, so I have observed this behaviour for 15-20 years.

As a photographer on the street, you could stop them and say "Hey! I love your outfit, may I take your picture?" It lifts them up and you get a cool photo, unless of course you want completely candid shots only.

Back