A6500 Corrupt File Recovery

kjstone7

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Ken
Hello, my Sony A6500 turned off while filming due to battery failure. The movie file is there but wont play. I know it's most likely recoverable and it's the only file on the SD card.

My question is, when I turn the camera back on, the message reads: "Writing to the memory card was not completed correctly. Recover data?" 'Enter' or 'Cancel'

Based on the research I have done, some say do Data Recovery, (which I have in the past and it never recovered the files, but they were not important so I just deleted)

and some say don't recover, hit 'Cancel' -that the data recovery does not work in camera and it could delete or corrupt the file further?

Has anyone experienced this issue and is its better to just press cancel and take the file and try to recover it? Or definitely do data recovery? It's an important clip for a client.

Many Thanks

Have you tried removing the card and uploading it via an SD slot on your computer?

Does it play there?

No it does not play there. It's missing the data file which is the usual issue when the camera turns off while filming.

That stinks. Sorry, that's all I have. Seems odd they'd put a recover date option in if it doesn't work. I did a search and came up with one answer that said to load it in your computer and run Sony Data Recovery software, does that make sense? Is that the missing piece of the puzzle? Wish I could help more, good luck with your efforts and let us know how you manage.

Back