Sony A6600 A6600, Raw only

Bengt Nyman

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
BENGT Nyman
Hi, I just got an A6600. Nice camera. I have set the File Format to RAW, (not RAW & JPG) but it records two of every exposure. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.
Also, I would sometimes like the display off even if the camera is on.

Hi, I just got an A6600. Nice camera. I have set the File Format to RAW, (not RAW & JPG) but it records two of every exposure. Please tell me what I am doing wrong.
Also, I would sometimes like the display off even if the camera is on.
I have an a6400, but I believe the interface is the same. If you are getting multiples whenever you hit the shutter button, perhaps you should check the "Drive Mode" by clicking the left side of the wheel and make sure you are in "Single shooting" mode.

I do not think there is a way to turn off the display when the camera is on. The camera automatically switches to the viewfinder and turns off the main screen when it senses you are near the viewfinder (like if you lift the camera to your face or put your thumb by the viewfinder sensor) but I don't see an option to turn it off entirely.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks. The drive mode is set for single, however , I am beginning to think that it is LightRoom, not the camera, doing funny things.
Thanks for heads up on the display. I will simply shut the camera of instead.

The double import problem turned out to be a Lightroom thing:​

Lightroom Classic: Import is now importing duplicates | Adobe ...

Last edited:
wow, I learned something new about the Lightroom thing. I actually don't use Lightroom, just Photoshop, and even then I'm considering changing to Affinity Photo to escape the Adobe subscription fees...

It apparently started with the latest LR update. It is easy to fix. Under IMPORT, in the right column there is a selection to: "Don't Import Suspected Duplicates". It should be checked.

Welcome Bengt. I know you've solved your problem. But a quick way to have checked it on cam, is to press "Playback" back button below/left of wheel. That will show what you shot.

You look familiar, did I see you in the movie "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom"? ;)

If I am understanding your question correctly, this is similar to what I asked a couple weeks ago. I found the answer on a YouTube video. I hope this helps!

“Right above the "FINDER/MONITOR" IS
"DISP button". Click on it, click on monitor,
and check "monitor off" (it should be the
one at the bottom). Then if you exit the
menu, you should be able to use the
physical "DISP" button on the scroll wheel
to change display views, one of them just
being the display off completely”.

Ron

This thread is over 6 months old.

Thanks Jeff. This was a just in case answer:).

Ron

Back