Sony A7 IV A7IV - why can I not see 30 and 60fps frame rates?

DL-AU

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Dmytro Legeyda
Hi All,

I'm trying to set up my new A7IV to film 4K videos in 30fps and 60fps.

In Shooting-Image Quality-File Format, I've picked XAVC S 4K, and in Movie Settings-Rec Frame Rate, I can only see 25p and 50p options.

I'm shooting lots of drone footage, and it's all in 30fps, so I have all my projects in 30fps, hence need my A7IV shooting in 30fps as a default setting and in 60fps when I think I'll need to slow it in post-processing.

The memory card I'm using is ProGrade V90, so the card shouldn't be a problem.

Why can I not see the 30p and 60p options in the Reg Frame Rate section of the menu? What am I doing wrong or missing?

Cheers,
DL

Hi All,

I'm trying to set up my new A7IV to film 4K videos in 30fps and 60fps.

In Shooting-Image Quality-File Format, I've picked XAVC S 4K, and in Movie Settings-Rec Frame Rate, I can only see 25p and 50p options.

I'm shooting lots of drone footage, and it's all in 30fps, so I have all my projects in 30fps, hence need my A7IV shooting in 30fps as a default setting and in 60fps when I think I'll need to slow it in post-processing.

The memory card I'm using is ProGrade V90, so the card shouldn't be a problem.

Why can I not see the 30p and 60p options in the Reg Frame Rate section of the menu? What am I doing wrong or missing?

Cheers,
DL

Check whether your video format is set to NTSC or PAL. You may need to change this to be able to see 30 and 60 fps. Changing this will also require a reformat of your card.

Last edited:
Back