Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Pim Versteeg
Hi All.

Brand new A7RIVa and Mac under OS-X 11.5 and another one running 10.15.7

Trying to update my firmware from 1.0 (out of the factory) to 1.2

Have followed the script to the letter but both Mac's will not recognise my camera connected to USB.

Downloaded and installed Sony Image Editing Desktop software for tethered shooting , same problem

Camera is set to USB mass storage, but both apps still say "no camera connected"

Camera is connected wit the Sony USB cable, tried a different cable as well, but no luck there either.

Strange thing is that in both apps, the FW updater and IED, the finder shows my 2 SD cards. The IED app is also downloading the pictures from my cards.

What am I missing here? any pointers very much appreciated

Thanks

Pim

No replies with 15 views
does that mean that no one is using a Mac, or no one has update the FW yet, or am I the only one suffering from this

🤷

I managed to do the update with no issues, but that was using MacOS Mojave (10.14), so I can’t help you.

the A7R iv/a is currently only version 1.0 firmware there are no updates ( the A7R iv has and update but it is not compatible with the A version ) i think when they shipped the A varient they reset the firmware numbering to Version 1.0

Thanks for pointing this out, I think you are very right!
Was misguided when I looked for latest fw for A7RlV not realising that Sony might have different versions for the "A" model

Many thanks for your reply
Pim

Thanks for pointing this out, I think you are very right!
Was misguided when I looked for latest fw for A7RlV not realising that Sony might have different versions for the "A" model

Many thanks for your reply
Pim
No problem , I also tried to download and update it 🤭

Back