Welcome to Our Alpha Shooters Community Forum

We'd love to welcome you on board, join today!

Sony A7R V Adobe now supports A7RV

pointreyes

Well Known Member
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Followers
Following
Country
United States
City/State
Dallas/Oregon
Got the update at around 8:30 PM PST today. We can now use LR or ACR with the A7RV raw files. 🙂

I have started the update!

I wonder if it includes all the versions? Guess someone will try them out. I am only interested in lossless compressed L.

Got the update at around 8:30 PM PST today. We can now use LR or ACR with the A7RV raw files. 🙂
Thanks for posting this. I had not "auto received" the Lightroom update yet so I downloaded it. I had some sample images from Mark Galer that he shot during his evaluation of the new a7RV. He supplied his Patrons with Raw images in advance of Lightroom supporting the new format. When he tested the camera, he had no way of examining Raw images at that time. I was anxious to see how they looked on my turf when the LR update debuted . You can see Mark Galer's sample images that he shot while evaluating the a7RV camera, processing was by me with Lightroom Classic v 12.1. I'll have some questions for a7R IV and a7RV shooters tomorrow (Of course, it's already tomorrow, but I need my beauty sleep).

Last edited:
LR did work with my lossless compressed M.
That is good to know, thank you! Sounds like Adobe has done the lot, then. That's good.

Oh, forgive the dumb question: was your lossless compressed M a full frame or APS-C shot? If it was APS-C, then it's still the original RAW data - the ones that I was wondering about were the scaled ones (full frame M and both full frame and APS-C S).

The lossless compressed M was the full frame. Can get confusing though because if I switch to APS-C mode, the lossless compressed raw is like the L lossless compressed full frame just in APS-C MP size. 🤪😵‍💫

Last edited:
The lossless compressed M was the full frame. Can get confusing though because if I switch to APS-C mode, the lossless compressed raw is like the L lossless compressed full frame just in APS-C MP size. 🤪😵‍💫
Actually, the manual says that when you are in L RAW, and switch to APS-C, it switches to M RAW. That's why M RAW is that size.

Actually, the manual says that when you are in L RAW, and switch to APS-C, it switches to M RAW. That's why M RAW is that size.
The APSC crop is the same size as mRAW but it is not an mRAW file is what I noticed. It fortunately is treated as a true raw file format instead of the mRAW format. At least that is what I noticed with my A1 files.

An image taken as mRAW (not using APSC crop mode) will give me the following DxO message "This image cannot be processed since sRAW/mRAW format is not support by DxO PhotoLab."
An image taken in APSC crop mode (in this case I was using mRAW) is seen by DxO as a valid RAW file to process.
Dimensions of both images were the same: 5616x3744

Just got my A7R V a few days ago and already I am chomping at the bit for DXO PhotoLab 6 to make available a module for that camera. Last I saw on their site it'll be January..... Hopefully earlier in the month rather than later! In the meantime I'm shooting .jpg with the new camera and there is some minimal processing available with that, but it definitely is not the same as having the control one has when shooting and processing RAW!

New in Marketplace

Back