Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
CC Welcome
  1. Yes
Although I don't offer a dedicated mobile app for this forum I do offer a Progressive Web App (PWA). This has been working for some time with Android already but Apple only recently got around to enabling full PWA support with iOS 16.4

A Progressive Web What?
A PWA basically allows the site to appear and behave like an app such as support for pull-down refreshes, notifications and displaying notifications on the app icon. It also runs in its own window instead of the browser window which makes switching between apps easier.

How to Enable It?
Simply open the forum in Safari (iOS) or Chrome (Android) then select the option (Add to Home Screen). On iOS devices this is viewable when you click the square icon with the up arrow in the centre of the toolbar (does this have a name?). I don't have an Android device but I believe you should be able to find the option to Add to Home Screen under the 3 dots menu or it might say Install App.

Once added to your home screen you might find that you need to log-in again. Once you have done so all that's left is to enable notifications if you wish to receive them.

Enable Push Notifications
You don't need to enable push notifications if you don't wish to receive them. But if you do then you can enable them under your account preferences.

Please let me know if you have any issues getting this to work correctly.

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:
Hi Tim,

Thanks for this information and making it easier to access the forum.
Although I don't offer a dedicated mobile app for this forum I do offer a Progressive Web App (PWA). This has been working for some time with Android already but Apple only recently got around to enabling full PWA support with iOS 16.4

A Progressive Web What?
A PWA basically allows the site to appear and behave like an app such as support for pull-down refreshes, notifications and displaying notifications on the app icon. It also runs in its own window instead of the browser window which makes switching between apps easier.

How to Enable It?
Simply open the forum in Safari (iOS) or Chrome (Android) then select the option (Add to Home Screen). On iOS devices this is viewable when you click the square icon with the up arrow in the centre of the toolbar (does this have a name?). I don't have an Android device but I believe you should be able to find the option to Add to Home Screen under the 3 dots menu.
On my Android phone, it was
... three dots
- Install App

No need to log in again.

This should make it easier to check in on the forum when I'm on the phone (not very often). I prefer to "consume" photos on a larger screen.

Cheers!

ST

• Admin
Hi Tim,

Thanks for this information and making it easier to access the forum.

On my Android phone, it was
... three dots
- Install App

No need to log in again.

This should make it easier to check in on the forum when I'm on the phone (not very often). I prefer to "consume" photos on a larger screen.

Cheers!

ST
Thanks for the feedback ST! Glad to hear that it's working for you :)

Back