Another Newbie/Amateur

Welcome to the New Sony Alpha Shooters Community
Our community was only launched in August 2020 but is already thriving thanks to many amazing and helpful members. We'd love to welcome you on board too!
Join Now

PaperFlea

Newcomer
Original poster
Followers
Following
Aug 24, 2021
Name
Greg Harry
Country
United States
City/State
Orlando, FL
Hi from Orlando, FL, USA. I have been having fun photographing my family/pets/cars and anything else. As a car nut, I like good photos of mine and other's cars. I've been getting along with my iPhone 12 Pro, but wanted to expand my knowledge. My last "serious" camera was a Pentax K1000, so that was just a few years ago.

Looking forward to learning much more here. I just bought a Sony A7C, after a weekend stint with a Canon EOS RP. The Canon's images were outstanding, but the autofocus was embarrassing and I thought I'd cut my losses. My brothers both use Sony, so they just nodded knowingly when I told them.

Greg

Reactions: Timothy Mayo

Boojum

Well Known Member
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Aug 9, 2021
Name
Sandy
Country
United States
City/State
Astoria, Oregon
The old K1000. I still have mine. It is a bludgeon that can be used to take photos with. Graduated to an ME Super and then to a Sony digital in '99. It still works and gives good images, (http://www.iretron.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/mavica2.jpg). I've stuck with Sony since then. Had a Pentax digital but gave it away, Sony is where it is at.

So welcome aboard. You will find knowledge and collegiality here.

PaperFlea

Newcomer
Original poster
Followers
Following
Aug 24, 2021
Name
Greg Harry
Country
United States
City/State
Orlando, FL
The old K1000. I still have mine. It is a bludgeon that can be used to take photos with. Graduated to an ME Super and then to a Sony digital in '99. It still works and gives good images, (http://www.iretron.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/mavica2.jpg). I've stuck with Sony since then. Had a Pentax digital but gave it away, Sony is where it is at.

So welcome aboard. You will find knowledge and collegiality here.
Thanks Sandy. I remember wanting the ME Super.. and then using a Sony MVC-FD5 at work. We were the cool kids back then. lol

Timothy Mayo

Admin
Pro Member
Pro Member
Followers
Following
Mar 1, 2020
Name
Tim
Country
United Kingdom
City/State
Shropshire
Welcome Greg and thanks for joining up here! The a7C is proving to be quite a popular camera! Which lens have you decided to go with?

PaperFlea

Newcomer
Original poster
Followers
Following
Aug 24, 2021
Name
Greg Harry
Country
United States
City/State
Orlando, FL
Welcome Greg and thanks for joining up here! The a7C is proving to be quite a popular camera! Which lens have you decided to go with?
Thanks, Tim. I am using the kit 28-60 for now. I think the 35 will be the first one I pursue, though.

Reactions: Timothy Mayo

Pro Membership Upgrade

• If you'd like to support this community you can easily do so by becoming a Pro Member and unlocking the following benefits:

✓ No Adverts in the Forums
    ✓ Pro Member Competitions
    ✓ Sell Items in the Marketplace
    ✓ Unlimited Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Higher Resolution Gallery Uploads
    ✓ Forum Profile Signature
    ✓ Custom Profile Cover Photo
    ✓ Advertise Your Photography Workshops

Pro Member Upgrade

Shopping Links

You can also support this site by purchasing gear through the following affiliate links:
Although I would recommend supporting your local camera store if you have one.

User Menu

alpha shooters text logo

© 2020 Alpha Shooters. All Rights Reserved.
Disclaimer: Alpha Shooters is an independently run website and is not affiliated with Sony.com
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.