Sony A7R IV Anti dust shutter curtain in A7R Mk4A

Tackrill

Newcomer
Followers
Following
Name
Alfiedog06!
Good morning everyone,

Would anyone have an idea on how to activate the anti dust curtain of the A7R Mk4A? I've seen plenty of videos regarding the standard A7R Mk4 but not the 4A. Is this feature available as I'm struggling to find the option in the menu?

Thanks in anticipation

Terry
Lincolnshire UK

I think you are again confusing the M4 with the RM4. It's my understanding that the first of the 7 series to have this feature was the M4, neither of the R4 cameras have it, although I'm guessing the new R5 does.

It's not all that it's cracked up to be. If you activate it and the lens catches the sun for a period, you can burn a hole right through the shutter. Since I spend a lot of time in bright sunshine with the camera strapped on hanging sideways, I don't use it. I also wonder how effective it really is. If dust settles on the shutter, isn't it just going to become dislodged and transfer to the sensor when you activate the shutter anyway? Best to use safe lens changing practices.

Hi Brownie,

Probably so in that I'm confusing the models as suggested. Safe lens changing practice is the way forward as you say.

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question once again & best regards.

Terry

Back