Followers
Following
Name
Chris
Country
United States
City/State
Pembroke Pines/FL
Over a few bottles of wine, I agreed to do a few engagement photos for my neighbors. I have a few spots and poses in mind but would love to hear from anyone with more experience. What are some tips or must-have shots you would suggest?

Next to the water with some decent light conditions mate. I've done three family sessions where I incorporate the kids throwing rocks, interacting with the ducks, things like that. We done a picnic once. I believe that the natural sort of in the moment photos look the best in these circumstances.

Over a few bottles of wine, I agreed to do a few engagement photos for my neighbors. I have a few spots and poses in mind but would love to hear from anyone with more experience. What are some tips or must-have shots you would suggest?
Run, don't walk, away.

Do an online search for ideas, tons out there.

There are some good ideas in here. Avoid cliche shots, let them suggest locations. I like the idea of a cozy bistro or pub they frequent. You're in FL, so I would try to avoid typical FL shots like the ocean or everglades for the main theme. Include a few but look for other ideas so the set is unique.

Last edited:
Cheers guys, appreciate the input. They're long time friends and pretty laid back. They will have a professional for their actual wedding photographer so there's less pressure here.
They just need a few to choose from for their save-the-date card, not a full on engagement shoot. Sorry I misrepresented that. I'll probably brainstorm with them, sober, this week/weekend.

Funny thing to share: when my wife overhead the conversation with neighbors, she said "Are you sure you want Chris to do this? He takes forever to send edited photos..."

Had I not just finished a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, I would have blushed profusely at my wife's sheer... accuracy 😅

Funny thing to share: when my wife overhead the conversation with neighbors, she said "Are you sure you want Chris to do this? He takes forever to send edited photos..."

Had I not just finished a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon, I would have blushed profusely at my wife's sheer... accuracy 😅
Well no worries Chris its a freebie mate so on your time scale, I guess another bottle of wine would rush things along

Back