Followers
Following
Name
Jared
Country
United States
City/State
Eaton Rapids, Michigan
I reached out to sony customer service, but i was thinking if someone here has used the rebate in the past you might be able to answer my question:

when i got my confirmation email, they list all of the retailers in my area, and they show no online retailers - but if you go to their list of authorized sony dealers, there are dozens of online retailers that are supposedly official dealers.

anyone deal with one of these and had any issues with the rebate?

Thanks,

Jared

so, heard back from the sony EDU team - any authorized dealer is fine. this includes the big guys like amazon, B&H and Best buy (oddly not adorama?)

It does actually work with Adorama, and actually they offer EDU discounts sometimes a bit better than B&H. And the rebate works with purchases through them as well.
The only bad thing is Adorama ships using UPS, and they are absolutely horrible here in my local area. B&H generally uses FedEx for shipping, which has been much more reliable for me

It does actually work with Adorama, and actually they offer EDU discounts sometimes a bit better than B&H. And the rebate works with purchases through them as well.
The only bad thing is Adorama ships using UPS, and they are absolutely horrible here in my local area. B&H generally uses FedEx for shipping, which has been much more reliable for me
interesting. they have a dealer finder on their website and adorama isn't listed. might be an oversight.

I actually wasn't aware of the dealer locator - just logged into Adorama with the edu email and was good to go.

I reached out to sony customer service, but i was thinking if someone here has used the rebate in the past you might be able to answer my question:

when i got my confirmation email, they list all of the retailers in my area, and they show no online retailers - but if you go to their list of authorized sony dealers, there are dozens of online retailers that are supposedly official dealers.

anyone deal with one of these and had any issues with the rebate?

Thanks,

Jared
I live in South Africa, and Sony have a system called "Cash backs"..... Usually 10%...They have contracted in an independent company to handle all those discounts, rather than empower their dealers to provide the discounts at the point of sale... It is a little slower process, but it works OK.

When it comes to dealerships here in SA, there are a few very good ones, and surprisingly, even with our pathetically weak currency, I am amazed that we actually get extremely competitive prices by world standards. I buy my equipment cheaper (Bottom line) that it is priced at B+H and Adorama in the USA in ZA Rand terms! Which blew me away.... Yes, and both the big dealerships have excellent online services. I live on the upper eastern seaboard of SA, and buy from Cape Town and Johannesburg, and get my stuff delivered in two days, to my door... I have to say Sony SA are doing a fine job.

I actually wasn't aware of the dealer locator - just logged into Adorama with the edu email and was good to go.
oh this is in addition to whatever the vendor might offer - it is a rebate program.

it was in addition to the price drop i got from focus cameras for the initial purchase. i had to submit a picture of the box and an invoice after being registered/approved and then they sent me a 200 dollars gift card.

Back